The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

oval to round pipe transition tool

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lol guess not. I just remember watching how a JMFab intake manifold was made and they just use a hammer to flatten the runners to fit into the flange holes.

*edit*
Nevermind. Just watched it again. They used some sort of sideways press.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xOz7uBiZyo]JMFIntakeManiMakingOfVid - YouTube[/ame]
Skip to 1:37, or don't since it's a pretty fascinating video.

hm doesn't really show how they made the oval transition. but just by looking at it, it was either put in a vise or a press with some sort of jig

im gonna go see if I got some pipe in my garage and im gonna try to do it with a vise

Just watched a guy make headers for a SBC on HP TV.

He used a basic shop press, with a flat plate on the bottom. Press the tube to make it oval, then a couple slits in the tube so it would collapse a tad bit then knocked it into the header flange.

I just tried it in a vise and it came out perfect. So yes using a vise does work great. I figured it wouldn't work very good. but I would say it wouldn't work very good with thin walled tubing

now I just need some 1.5" stainless steel elbows. anyone know where to get them for cheap?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back