The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

General Ostrich 2.0 dead horse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Levi Wilson

Probationary Member
Oct 30, 2018
Hornick, Iowa
Hey guys, new to the forum as well as tuning. Love dsm's and my 92 tsi. Very well maintained and modified. I do all my own work! However I do what I can with the budget I have, I look for good deals and do the best I can.

I picked up an ecu with ostrich 2.0 shipped to my door for $150 (not to shabby considering link v3 is $500+) however that's the beauty of link, no hex. I have played around with tunerpro rt and it's an eye full to say the least. I know ds-map has been gone for some time over a dispute, and since my needs are sd based I would love to get ahold of the lastest version of jackal or werewolf, I don't know how to contact Curtis nor can I find the software anywhere. And Swede Density (Kim) is also MIA and it's a dying art it seems.

Is there anyone that could point me in the direction of jackal or werewolf or Curtis, or give me a little guidance in becoming fluent with tunerpro rt? Ugh a pain but I wanna learn to do this myself and not have to pay someone. I've worked hard on this and wanna let my hard work and time shine!

Thank you and appreciate any help! Glad to be here.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a bunch still around. Yes the learning curve is steep, but if you have a good definition file, it's really not much more steeper than ecmlink.

I'd join dsmecu.com. Probably not much activity over there, but I think a few guys still log on. The key thing is to read and learn on your own, and ask specific intelligent questions. Not just "I'm new do this for me" Some of those guys might even share a bin and a definition file.

There is also the yahoo group, ecu-multi or something.

Lastly read on marks site more for information on the tunerpro specifics.

There is a bunch still around. Yes the learning curve is steep, but if you have a good definition file, it's really not much more steeper than ecmlink.

I'd join dsmecu.com. Probably not much activity over there, but I think a few guys still log on. The key thing is to read and learn on your own, and ask specific intelligent questions. Not just "I'm new do this for me" Some of those guys might even share a bin and a definition file.

There is also the yahoo group, ecu-multi or something.

Lastly read on marks site more for information on the tunerpro specifics.
I have an active membership on dsmecu, as well as Yahoo group. Help is very limited as I have been on forums all day reading and making posts to no avail.

I have the stock bin and xdf files uploaded but those are for maf not sd. I have have had little success with replies at dsmecu. And all the stored bins, xdf, and other files are very outdated and bare as well as being for mafs and not sd.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the latest jackal software that’s not paidware. Curtis is cool with me sharing the free jackal version so if you want to try it out hit me up. When I get home and get some free time I’ll throw you the software. Jackal is super easy to use. Easier than link tbh.

However I’m gonna be that guy and say just go with ecmlink. There is a metric ton of help, walkthroughs, and endless gurus to consult. Piss off the wrong person in the ostrich world and you’re going to be black-balled for life. Just get link, man. It’s worth it for the support alone.

Plus their logger is unrivaled.

Crackeddsm and donniekak I really appreciate it! I'll look into it as a backup. And crackeddsm I sent you a message. Thanks again guys!

I have the latest jackal software that’s not paidware. Curtis is cool with me sharing the free jackal version so if you want to try it out hit me up. When I get home and get some free time I’ll throw you the software. Jackal is super easy to use. Easier than link tbh.

However I’m gonna be that guy and say just go with ecmlink. There is a metric ton of help, walkthroughs, and endless gurus to consult. Piss off the wrong person in the ostrich world and you’re going to be black-balled for life. Just get link, man. It’s worth it for the support alone.

Plus their logger is unrivaled.
Is it possible you could help me ? I have a Apexi Neo and it’s not doing it’s job. I need to actually get down and tune the car. I’m looking into the ostrich 2.0 as a source but trying to learn more about it in 2021 is kinda hard.

Is it possible you could help me ? I have a Apexi Neo and it’s not doing it’s job. I need to actually get down and tune the car. I’m looking into the ostrich 2.0 as a source but trying to learn more about it in 2021 is kinda hard.

None of this is going to help you with a 420A. I don't think that ECU has a EPROM buried under all that potting, nor have I seen anyone working on disassembling the 420A ECU's code. I believe most turboed 420A wind up running MegaSquirt or another standalone ECU.

None of this is going to help you with a 420A. I don't think that ECU has a EPROM buried under all that potting, nor have I seen anyone working on disassembling the 420A ECU's code. I believe most turboed 420A wind up running MegaSquirt or another standalone ECU.
I need to update my profile. I have a 97 gst sorry.

There was a little public work that was done on 2G ECU EB23 software by Ceddy. If you want to pick it up and work on it I'll post the files (I have what was marked as version 0.5) but you'll need to finish the disassembly of the factory code to get anywhere. Having an intimate knowledge of DSMLink would help with figuring out the tables that exist in the stock code.

If people are just looking for XDF files they can use to tune from. As far as I know nothing exists beyond rough first attempts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back