The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

where to start with MOATES OSTRICH 2.0?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oneslowgs-t

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 16, 2012
Danbury, Connecticut
so i bought a 1g talon awd with a stock 6 bolt pte 6152 with supporting mods.
the guy was running 26 lbs of boost for over a year with the stock motor. he spun a bearing because (he never checked the oil knowing it has a oil leak) he was over 2.5 qts low of oil.
anyway im throwing in another stock 6bolt until i can fully fund my build.
i want to detune down to around 20psi.

i dont know the softwear and cant find what i need.

can someone point me in the right direction?

moates ostrich 2.0
innovate motorsports lm2 air/fuel meter

Attachments

• IMG_20121115_212447.jpg
    IMG_20121115_212447.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,027
  • IMG_20121115_213142.jpg
    IMG_20121115_213142.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 677
well first you need to figure out what was on it. If it was just a stock bin that was tuned, or one of the SD bins.

I reccomend you start with TP. You can edit any of the bins with TP.

I'm not sure what program. I bought the car off of a guy that bought it off the guy who tuned it and everything. I'll see if I can get in touch with him. If I can't TP will do the trick??

Jackal is very user friendly, Tunerpro is much more in depth and not nearly as user friendly. Werewolf is basically an improved Jackal program but costs much more.

Tunerpro you can run a MAF with, you'd need a MAP sensor and an IAT sensor to run either Jackal or Werewolf if you dont already have them. Worth the investment though in my opinion

You can download Tunerpro and download the bins from each bank. Save each file and post them. There is a lot to read up if you want to keep using the Ostrich. I run one aswell. Ive tuned the stock maf bin. Added code for variouse things aswell. I have also used Jackal and I am currently running Werewolf. PM if you would like some info. Ill dig up a bunch of links that have helped me in the past.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back