The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

opinions on this evo III 16g (ebay)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chisox7858

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2006
crystal lake, Illinois
HERE
first off im new to dsms, so take it easy. i am planning on going with:

(i have a 98 gsx)
1. big 16g
2. evo III manifold
3. evo III o2 housing
4. DP (catless)
5. apexi n1 exhaust
6. walbro 190lph
7. front mount
8. mbc/gauge
9. greddy type s bov

i want to know with these kits i keep seeing, what are these plastic tubes for? i was going to get the kit from turbochargers.com with the ss oil line but i could save myself like $300 by goin with this and an ebay evo III manifold. thnx for everything in advance

also is the "j" pipe neccessary to buy?

First off I think those black plastic tubes you are referring to are actually the metal oil feed and return lines. But I can see how they can look plastic if thats what you are talking about. And most people, not everyone, on here that has gotten an ebay turbo has said they are nothing but a pile of junk.

ok thats what i was thinking. but the 2g kit on turbochargers.com IS the real evo III right? and is that manifold they give u any good?

ok thats what i was thinking. but the 2g kit on turbochargers.com IS the real evo III right? and is that manifold they give u any good?

Yes it's the real deal. The manifold is excellent, holds up strong, and all in all I am glad I bought the kit. The only thing I didnt like was the return line which is a piece of crap. A good option if you dont mind using your stock 2g manifold and possibly porting it for better flow, would be to just buy the turbo off of somewhere like extremepsi for like 550 and buy a better install kit. You'll spend about 50 bucks left, will have a better install kit, but wont have a new manifold.

Read the first post in this thread, and it should answer any questions you have about the quality of knock-off "ebay" turbos.

Read me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back