The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Opinions On My Build Plan

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itbeatown

Proven Member
Apr 22, 2013
Boekel, NL, Europe
Hey guys!

Just bought a 99 GST and with help from the DSMTUNERS: Upgrade Path, this is what I came up with for my build.

INTAKE PIPE AND FILTER
BOOST GAUGE
1G BOV
BOOST CONTROLLER
EXHAUST SYSTEM
STRAIGHT PIPE
DOWN PIPE
EXHAUST MANIFOLD
O2 HOUSING
FUEL PUMP
FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR
TURBO T28/16G
CLUTCH
SHORT SHIFTER
LIMITED SLIP DIFF
GAGES
DATA LOGGING
ECU UPGRADES
FUEL INJECTORS 650CC
FMIC
FLYWHEEL
ROLL CAGE
SEATS

Now the goal for this car is to keep it somewhat of a DD> But also be able to enjoy it at the track on the weekends.

I have some parts en route and some installed.

Here is what I have gone with so far:

Injen Air Intake
Aftermarket Exhaust Manifold
Turbo Timer
Manual Boost Controller
1G BOV
IC Piping (just until I can afford a FMIC)
Turbo Back 2.5 HKS Exhaust

I am looking for suggestions and opinions on which brands and parts I should use for the rest of my build. I think I have decided on flashing the ECU instead of going for a DSMLink or AEM EMS.

I know this list doesnt include any handling upgrades. That isnt my main concern but it will be added into the build as I go.

Let me know what you guys think and throw your suggestions at me to point me in the right direction on this build.

Thanks!

Attachments

• gst.jpg
    gst.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 129
I am afraid the Evo III 16g is going to limit me on the amount of horsepower i can push out.

I think they sit at about 350 max?

The 20g gives me just enough of what i need, especially with supporting mods.

Depends on the 16g. The HTA68 16g has gone over 400whp. 350 out of a small 16g would be pushing it I think. I agree with going for a 20g. I think the instant spool the 16g has might cause wheel spin issues. The power from the 20g will come on a little more gradually which will help keep traction. Also, not sure if it was mentioned but look into suspension. Being a FWD, weight transfer is not good. It's just more weight coming off of the driving wheels. Maybe a basic setup would be to drop the front end some and get some stiff springs for the rear.

I am afraid the Evo III 16g is going to limit me on the amount of horsepower i can push out.

I think they sit at about 350 max?

You can make more than 350 with a 16g (I make more than that with mine) and run 11's or even 10's if you can lighten your car enough. Check out the tuners dyno challenge so see what kind of power people make on different turbos.

DSM Dyno Challenge - Big_16g

Depends on the 16g. The HTA68 16g has gone over 400whp. 350 out of a small 16g would be pushing it I think. I agree with going for a 20g. I think the instant spool the 16g has might cause wheel spin issues. The power from the 20g will come on a little more gradually which will help keep traction. Also, not sure if it was mentioned but look into suspension. Being a FWD, weight transfer is not good. It's just more weight coming off of the driving wheels. Maybe a basic setup would be to drop the front end some and get some stiff springs for the rear.

im thinking the lag in the 20g is going to work out well with a fwd platform.

and i have already put together a full suspension and handling build plan.

i guess we will see :hmm:

You can make more than 350 with a 16g (I make more than that with mine) and run 11's or even 10's if you can lighten your car enough. Check out the tuners dyno challenge so see what kind of power people make on different turbos.

DSM Dyno Challenge - Big_16g

those are some pretty impressive numbers, all with some similiar builds to what I want to put down.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back