The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Check my build plan please

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSLENK

10+ Year Contributor
May 25, 2011
DC, Maryland
Tax return is on its way, and I don't want to waste it... (well I am, but at least not in vain...) This is for a DAILY DRIVER. Street gas only 93 octane.

If you don't wanna read my profile, so far I HAVE (installed):
DSMlink V3-lite-SPEED DENSITY
PR FMIC
WBo2 (and gauge)
Boost gauge
MBC
3"DP with factory cat+catback (i hate loud all the time)
The rest is factory (fuel, 14b, etc...)
20g ready to bolt on
ACT2600 + flywheel, ready to bolt on (still need some oem parts listed below)
No boost leaks, maintenance pretty much up to date.
PTE 680cc injectors installed

*****I changed this area to reflect the route I ended up going, It's gonna make some peoples really relative and informative posts look out of line, sorry*****

I have LINED UP to get:
Exhaust: DMH e-cutout valve 3" -still have to order...
Transmission: street disc, oem tob, clip, ball, fork, -still need to order/find
Fuel: FIC 950cc *see below*, wally 255, buscher/aero/Flab AFPR. Still need to order/find
Turbo: (have 20g)
Misc:
ARP head studs

Any problems with above? anything I missed?

Here are some questions:
Exhaust:
Im gonna weld a cutout to the 3" DP. Its going to point to the ground.

Trans:
Already have new streetlite, and 2600 PP, all i need a disc and random OEM wear parts.

Fuel:
How far will 680s take a 20g? Would FIC 950s handle ~30psi on e85?

Turbo:
Grabbed a rebuilt 20g

I have put in hours or searching, and I could use some input from some people who have done this already.

Last edited:
Yes, I aware the tune is as simple as selecting a drop down menu option LOL. It is that simple right?

I dont want worse MPG, and e85 is not really easy to get all the time.
Im not dieting, neither is my car.
1250cc (too big, I assume these are to compensate for added e85 flow. ill also assume they are the equiv to 950s on 93octane)
afpr and 255 in the future for the new turbo.

ARP studs, slipped my mind LOL. good point!

if you are wanting around 400 or more either build the bottom end or do something for knock prevention. The reason i said you should put your car on a diet is that it will make your car perform so much better, and will help to keep your drive train intact. In my opinion going with any larger of a turbo then a 16g on a stock bottom end is like rolling the dice every time you do a pull.
buddy of mine has 1250cc injectors, 16g, e85, runs 11.9's in the quarter and gets 20mpg, on link.
Oh and if you like to launch your car good luck with the springs in the sprung hub of the act 2600
And I ran 850's in my talon 25psi 16g e85

So how are people running larger than 1150s and still idle? or they just never "idle"? or do they set it higher?

Also would committing to e85 reduce the need for a built bottom end?

What are the major differences between installing an HX35 vs a fp 68hta or green? different oil delivery/drain? do the oem coolant lines fit? will either bolt up to the factory exhaust given the correct o2 housing? anything im missing there?

Last edited:
it is next to impossible to run higher than a 1150 on pump gas becuase you can't really get the injector dead time down low enough for a good idle afr, unless you have the easy tune box.

e85 takes about 33% more fuel globally, therefore allowing you to run a little bit larger injector and still idle correctly.

e85 acts more like 110 octane fuel, therefore helping to prevent knock, alot of knock can destroy any motor regardless of power leval, but the closer you are to the edge of the limit of the bottom end even a little bit of knock can be extremely damaging to your motor.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok that makes sense...

Im porobably not going to go the High-z route, but could you run the FIC 2160s on a stock engine on pump gas with link? is it that easy? (at only $800 LOL)

Back to the holset idea, I have read a lot about holsets... Is the main issue with oil pressure having the balance shafts removed?
I see about an equal amount of people having oiling problems with holstets, and an equal amount of people running them just fine... What gives?

The 2150's don't play quite as nicely with pump gas as they do E85. If you wanted, you could send Tom at ECMTuning an e-mail and see if he'd run the injectors through his testing station to get you appropriate deadtime and InjBatteryAdj values for 2150's on pump.

I've read lately that 1250's work ok with idle/cruise, but anything above them (excluding 2150's) are more of a pain. Although, once Tom rolls out the injector testing, this should really help people run any injector properly through link. Using other tuning devices might still be a bit hairy.

good to know... hes a 45 minute drive from me LOL (at least im close to SOMETHING)

But what I really want to know is how everyone says HX35s are not a nightmare when I swear all my searches end in some horror story about finding the right oil pressure (over pressure)

Would keeping BS's in make this any easier?

I run 950s with my HX-35 setup on a bone stock motor, and while I don't drive it hardly ever, I don't have many issues with idle. And as far as tuning, I just got my fuel ratio good at WOT at all RPMs, so it's not running to it's best abilities, since the timing isn't adjusted, but the car runs and drives well enough to be daily driven...

I run 950s with my HX-35 setup on a bone stock motor, and while I don't drive it hardly ever, I don't have many issues with idle. And as far as tuning, I just got my fuel ratio good at WOT at all RPMs, so it's not running to it's best abilities, since the timing isn't adjusted, but the car runs and drives well enough to be daily driven...

Good to know.

HX35 is def my next step. (later on of course)

I opted to go with the cheap 68hta... AKA 20g LOL. I just really don't have the time that I wish I had. School is rough, throw in work and an internship.... = no time. Bolton was the only option.

I got some pte 680s packaged with it so ill see how they play together.
I have a feeling im going to run out of injector, but not before I run out of factory clutch LOL.

Ill update as I build. I might even start a journal, if I remember to take enough pics.

Good to know.

HX35 is def my next step. (later on of course)

I opted to go with the cheap 68hta... AKA 20g LOL. I just really don't have the time that I wish I had. School is rough, throw in work and an internship.... = no time. Bolton was the only option.

I got some pte 680s packaged with it so ill see how they play together.
I have a feeling im going to run out of injector, but not before I run out of factory clutch LOL.

Ill update as I build. I might even start a journal, if I remember to take enough pics.

The hta68 is a 16g on crack.:p
Sence you already have dsmlink I would just get 1000cc injectors those are the most you run on pump gas that can idle good and still will handle race gas and E85 if you throw it at it. Go spend $100 on a walbro 255 installed at a local tuner shop while your at it too if you don't already.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back