The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Old School DSM & 4G63 goodness-Ads, Commercials, Tuning etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have been looking around and found a couple more items. A hard hat and the original employee's logo jacket.

attachment.php

BTW, May 1st is my 23rd year anniversary with the company. I was in the 1st group hired for second shift. Sorry to say there hasn't been a second shift for seven years or so.
Alot of people have came and gone and alot things have happened over the years. In June, the end of Galant production. Full production begins for the Outlander Sport.

Wow, I really want to say thank you for taking the time to look around the factory to find those items for us to see. Truly amazing to see that still floating around. Still in mint condition appears also. Who knows what other gems may be tucked away in some locker or corner there.

Also congrats on your 23 years of service with the company. That is awesome. I am sure things have changed quite a bit in all those years. How is the Japanese influence at the job. I know initially they had alot of Japanese come over with the startup. Is there still a decent sized asian community there?

Also congrats on your 23 years of service with the company. That is awesome. I am sure things have changed quite a bit in all those years. How is the Japanese influence at the job. I know initially they had alot of Japanese come over with the startup. Is there still a decent sized asian community there?

In the past few years there haven't been any of the Japanese T A's in the plant. In the early days there were several in all departments. (body, paint,plastics,stamping, and final assy(which includes trim, chassis, and final.)
Now that change over has been going on, there are several again. The Galant will be ending production in June. The Outlander Sport will begin full production in July.

I am back in the states again. So I went ahead and scanned in a couple items. This is an article about the debut of the Gullwing Eclipse. This article is from early 1990.

Couple quick notes from the article:
1. The stock GSR-4 weighed 1,410Kg, the Gullwing model weighs 1,520Kg.

2. The conversion took 1 month

3. The cost at the time was around $16,000. Which for the Japanese was not alot back then, because that was during the bubble. When the Japanese had more money than they knew what to do with.

4. No backseat, they referred to it as a Luggage space.

Jose

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Wow, I REALLY want that rear seat delete cover thing.

Also, that weight spec was pretty dead on, I think I remember weighing my GSR-4 bone stock at 3200 lbs with some stuff in it.

Wow, I REALLY want that rear seat delete cover thing.
The rear seat delete from a Gullwing Eclipse is for sure going to be a hard to find rare piece to say the least.

Scanned another for the thread. This is from a Japanese sale brochure dated November 1989. It has the specs for the GSR-4 and the GS. They have the GSR-4 listed at 200 hp. Also noticed that the GSR-4 came with 15" alloy wheels, not the 16" wheels we got in the states. Also neat to see a picture of the DSM plant, assembly line and Wolin's #90 IMSA car in a Japanese catalog.

For some reason my dad says that he never recalls about hearing about dsm's back in the 90's? he says the only car he remembers being talked about was the mitsu starion which is weird because from the looks of this thread it seems that these cars were highly advertised and well known?

This thread has been dead. Slackers. :cool:

Check out this pic I ran across today:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I'll bite. Here we go:

Attachments

• dsmdsmbuttonsr.jpg
    dsmdsmbuttonsr.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 70
  • dsmeagleringr.jpg
    dsmeagleringr.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 72
  • dsmdsmbuckler.jpg
    dsmdsmbuckler.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 82
I have this:

I guess people would rather ''say something about the person above you,'' then actually see and talk about some cool dsm history. Go Figure.WTF

I guess people would rather ''say something about the person above you,'' then actually see and talk about some cool dsm history. Go Figure.WTF

Not everyone has cool old DSM stuff to post. This thread seems to be mostly 1G oriented anyway, so that limits a lot of contributions.

I can definitely say that a ton of people are reading this thread. The post:view ratio is way higher here than on "Say Something About the Person Above You".

Well, obviously, not everyone is a collector.

As far as it being more 1g....there's definitely alot more of that memorabilia out there. It got weak once the Laser was dropped and the 2g's arrived.

I think we are trying to start from the beginning in a way.

It would be cool if their was a forum dedicated to this stuff, however. This thread just gets buried very quickly and it's too bad. As much traffic as it may see, I'm sure alot of people that would be interested don't even know it's here.

Wow! That's killer. Never saw that before. I can tell you that it is representative of the #22 talon that the Paul Rossi Racing Team ran in the IMSA Firestone Firehawk Series in the early 1990's.

Thanks - I didn't know anything about it. It was given to me by the owner of the 1g I picked up recently. I found this shot of the #24 Paul Rossi Talon with a very similar paint job.

I have to admit I would kind of love to see a color photo of the car if anyone has one. I think its a pretty damn cool paint job and I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone try it out.

Attachments

• 58193768.u2a59ay6.jpg
    58193768.u2a59ay6.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 25
Thanks - I didn't know anything about it. It was given to me by the owner of the 1g I picked up recently. I found this shot of the #24 Paul Rossi Talon with a very similar paint job.

I have to admit I would kind of love to see a color photo of the car if anyone has one. I think its a pretty damn cool paint job and I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone try it out.

Welcome!

If you go to page 5 of this thread you will find several pics of Paul Rossi team talons that I've posted, in color, including a shot of #22.

Also, check page 7. I've posted more Paul Rossi pics. There's a black and white of #22, & below that there is a color pic of a t-shirt that was available back in the day that has the #22 on it.

Last edited:

Welcome to the new age of DSMers. :coy: During your stay, you'll experience the joy of parting out cars, Chinese knock-offs, and the inability to use this resource to keep the hobby alive.

:D

Welcome!

If you go to page 5 of this thread you will find several pics of Paul Rossi team talons that I've posted, in color, including a shot of #22.

Also, check page 7. I've posted more Paul Rossi pics. There's a black and white of #22, & below that there is a color pic of a t-shirt that was available back in the day that has the #22 on it.

Whoops - my bad.

That paint is pretty badass. I wonder how it would look as a clean job without the stickers and names everywhere. Maybe black bottom half/white top half with a red diagonal slash?

When I eventually paint my 1g I'll give it some serious thought. :)

Whoops - my bad.

That paint is pretty badass. I wonder how it would look as a clean job without the stickers and names everywhere. Maybe black bottom half/white top half with a red diagonal slash?

When I eventually paint my 1g I'll give it some serious thought. :)

No biggie...

I love the paint as well. I actually like the Luk Clutch Challenge International Sedan cars that ran the gold wheels with that paint scheme. All of the ones with white wheels ran the Firestone Firehawk Series...

Home sick today, figured I add would add some more to the thread.

Old BFG Ad:

I loved the old Detour series SCC did.

Looking back on the 1G used, but still fairly new.

Yes people did rally the DSM

Crazy to look back and see some of the times posted here:

Full G VR-4 Road Test from 1990:

Some more of the fastest from back in the day:

My latest ebay find. I'm beyond happy to have scored this

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back