The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1G o2 sensor wiring help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vegas Smith

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 2, 2002
Houston, Texas
My car originally came with the wideband wired directly into the front 02 ecu pin, and I'm trying to install the oem NB to run both o2 sensors. However, I can't exactly find the white o2 signal wire that wires into pin 4 for o2 sensor. What I find are these two shielded junctions. The top junction has a white wire that leads to the o2 sensor but why does it terminate in this manner? How would it ever hook into the o2 sensor input? I'm confused on how to go back to the original setup. I can't determine what wire needs to go to pin4. Thanks for any help

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

What I don't understand is that the signal and signal ground appear to be connected to each other as pictured. Do you just wire that y-site into the ecu pin 4?

No Soup For You.....said Seinfeld's Soup Nazi !!!! :shhh:
I haven't been under the dash in a WHILE. So the white O2 wire comes in and doesn't go directly to the ECU?? Anyone been playin around under there???

Well, I looked up the wiring schematic on the FSM and it appeared the ground and signal both connect, then go the ecu. You can see the black and white wires connecting as reference. I just connected those two wires to the ecu pin 4 (o2 sensor) and voila, that fixed it.

I just went to check out my narrowband Input on the ecu as I'm about to wire in my own wideband and found a very similar mess...

You're saying, the two wires in the first junction BOTH plugged into the pin 4?

Attachments

• IMG_20201212_171518.jpg
    IMG_20201212_171518.jpg
    853.5 KB · Views: 103
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back