The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Not building boost

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My1gSleeper

Probationary Member
Aug 28, 2003
OklahomaUS
OK so i took off my Big 16G to port out the wastegate hole area and put on a 34mm wastegate flapper and after i put everything back together i had no boost, the needle stopped at 0. I know there might be the possibility of the wastegate staying open but As I was taking off the turbo in the beginning one of the screws the holds the manifold came out of the head( not supposed to) and now it doesnt go back in. All the other are on and it holds fine. Could this be leaking and cause me to have no boost? or could something else be wrong? Opinions about this would be appreciated.

Just a list of things that can cause this.

1. Seized turbo, check the turbo for shaft play and make sure the oil feed and return are both healthy.

2. Bad actuator or actuator arm not connected, make sure if connected that the flapper is closed all the way.

3. Something related to the 34mm flapper upgrade, who did the welding? Make sure it was done correctly.

4. A huge exhaust or boost leak.

good luck.

Ya the first thing i was gonna check out was the flapper and the actuator, as far as welding goes, no welding is needed if you follow the directions from TRE's website, I know of people have not welded on a new 34 mm wastegate and it worked fine. Thanks for the reply!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back