The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Nominate a Featured Member for the Homepage

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'd like to nominate Jafro, better known as Jafromobile on youtube.

DSM Forums - View Profile: Jafro

His "How To" videos have helped me, and I'm sure many other members as well.
Most everyone on the site has seen at least a few of them, they're very helpful and full of great information.
He takes time out of his life to make these videos to help DSMer's like you and me.
Definitely pretty high on my list of people who have helped me most on to expanding my knowledge of these cars.
Plus I learn much better from demonstrations. Ha.

+1 on Jafro. Hasn't done anything super special. But he is THE MOST helpful person I've ever seen. He often tackles the difficult task of deciphering the tech manual(s) and putting them in plain English for the rest of us to use. If you haven't checked out his youtube channel here it is: Jafromobile - Youtube

Besides, this is to bring attention to those who are exceptional. Jafro very frequently does amazing things with budget(cheap)/used/ebay parts, and I think his contribution to the DSM community stands out more than big dyno numbers, or the fastest 1/4 mile (though his GSX did run some fairly impressive 12's, before the bottom end decided to walk on him)

The latest DSMTuners feature has been posted on the front page. Congratulations to pneumo for being a DSMTuner.com Feature Member!

To view past DSMTuner.com feature members, click here.

We are always looking for new features. If you think you qualify, or know someone that does, follow the directions in post #1 of this thread. Good luck!

Most everyone on the site has seen at least a few of them, they're very helpful and full of great information.
He takes time out of his life to make these videos to help DSMer's like you and me.
Definitely pretty high on my list of people who have helped me most on to expanding my knowledge of these cars.

Agreed!
He motivated and inspired me to tackle my tranny job by myself LOL
Very helpful and when I'm stuck on things I tend to refer back to his video's and as him questions which he is likely to help.

+1 jafro deserves it :thumb:

+1 for jafro.

His videos not only educate you on the subject at hand, but he actually performs the tasks for the camera and shares multiple techniques, do's and don'ts. Information that truly cannot be found elsewhere.

EDIT: LOL @ the JDM everything DSM on page 1.

Sparky1987 AKA: Tony Tyree

DSM Forums - View Profile: sparky1987

I believe Tony should be featured as member of the month. My reasons are because He is fabricating parts for DSMs and trying to get a shop going for the DSM community. I have personally received the parts Tony creates. Trust me, They are quality! He is an amazing guy and super nice. Just when we believe DSMs are falling off the map, we get great guys opening DSM shops to keep the scene alive and making power! His shop is called Broken Wrench Performance. He has been an amazing guy to work with and honestly puts customers first! If not nominated, at least check out his shops facebook and promote his work and help a fellow DSMer keep the scene alive!
The shop facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Broken-Wrench-Performance/137614246335113

+1 for jafro.

His videos not only educate you on the subject at hand, but he actually performs the tasks for the camera and shares multiple techniques, do's and don'ts. Information that truly cannot be found elsewhere.

EDIT: LOL @ the JDM everything DSM on page 1.

Another +1 for Jafro.

His technical knowledge and know-how with regards to blueprinting and doing repairs on just about anything in a car is nearly second to none. He is always 100% available for questions and even frequently returns PM's in very short order. His video series on youtube tackles everything from learning how to use basic measurement tools, to tearing down your trans and engine. I have recommended his videos for others in the past, and will continue to do so. So once again, I also vote for Jafro

:hellyeah:

Bulletdsm, like said before doing things with an engine that everybody doubts.

Recently we decided that instead of doing a featured member every month we're going to do featured build threads so, if there's a featured build thread you'd like to nominate post a link and a brief reason as to why you think it's great and we'll look into featuring them. Thanks.

:dsm:

If you're doing build threads, I'd already have to recommend you (gofer), Nathan (9!Eclipse), and Eric (turbosax).

I appreciate the compliment, as I'm sure the others do as well, but it wouldn't look good if we only used the site staff's builds, LOL!

I understand what you're saying, but I'm seconding the nomination anyways. Your build thread/log should be the layout for how they should be done. Plus it's cool build, lots of info, helpful tips and tricks in there, great progression, etc.

9!'clipseDOHC

Link to build log.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/dsm...-eclipse-n-t-turbo-fwd-street-drag-autox.html

+1 for Jafro again. Dedicating time and effort to assisting and educating DSMers all over.

Fellow DSMtuners,

On my way home from work yesterday, I got a text from my buddy Dan (who ironically I met here on the forums) basically suggesting I should check out DSMtuners. I pull up the site and what do you know, there's my Galant VR-4 in the featured spot.

I told Chris most of this via PM, but I'll say it again here. I appreciate the Tuners staff featuring a Galant VR-4. Anything that raises awareness and showcases the little piece of the 4G platform the Galant represents is good for our community. Even more, I appreciate the fact that people think enough of my build to highlight it. There are plenty of cars that could go in that spot that are just as clean, or cleaner than mine.

I can remember back in the mid 2000's first joining this site as the new owner of a 1990 Eclipse GST. As most new DSM owners are, I was utterly lost. The site was a bit more clunky back then, but I can remember looking in awe at some of the builds here, just wishing I had half of the time, resources, and knowledge it took to build such amazing machines. Fast forward to a decade later, and here I am just scratching the surface of where I was wishing to be back then. Much of what you see in my build came from ideas, tips, and tricks I learned here on the forums. Without a doubt, I can attribute much of what I've been able to do to the community of DSM guys brought together by web forums like this one. Stick around here long enough, and I can promise you are bound to learn something.

I'm not part of any DSM cool kids club or extra tight with the Tuners staff. I'm just a regular dude who turns wrenches on 4G platforms in his spare time. I'm not rich, and I'm definitely not the most knowledgeable guy ever. Simply, I'm just like most of the guys here. I work on my DSM in the garage at home, doing the best I can with what time and money I have.

I'd like to thank Chris and the DSMtuners staff for keeping this site up and running over the years. DSMtuners is a great resource for DSM guys of all experience levels who need help, education, and guidance. It's also a cool place to just hang out and shoot the $hit!

Last but certainly not least, I'd like to thank the other members here who've provided suggestions and mentorship not only to myself, but to all the other members as well. The ability to pass on knowledge and help others is what makes this community great.

I've got TONS more changes and updates in store for the Galant this summer. Thanks for the support and stay tuned for future progress.

-Brett

Corey's STM evil TSI!!

Attachments

• IMG_3407.JPG
    IMG_3407.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3405.JPG
    IMG_3405.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3387.JPG
    IMG_3387.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3390.JPG
    IMG_3390.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 37
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back