1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

No lights working Help

Posted by moboostin, Jun 1, 2020

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing
  1. moboostin

moboostin Probationary Member

Joined Feb 3, 2018
    Queens, New York
    hey guys I have a 91 gsx manual. Had a recent alternator issue. So far went through 2 of them guess there defective cause I still have a battery light on the dash but my main issue is even with the key on acc mode my headlights, tail lamps, brake lights, gauge cluster lights(battery light check engine light brake light come on), windows, radio are not working at all. Only my blinkers work that's all. I checked all fuses and they all seem to be fine. When I hit the headlights on and off I do hear the relay clicking. Kind of stumped because they used to work before the alternator went out and got it swapped? Any ideas? I also changed the 80 amp fuse that usually goes out and no change.

2. 609DSM

609DSM Proven Member

Joined Aug 13, 2019
    Langhorne, Pennsylvania
    Is your battery healthy?

Street Build 232  2

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 352  1

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. moboostin

moboostin Probationary Member

Joined Feb 3, 2018
    Queens, New York
    Yeah it’s brand new but i figured it out, kid that swapped the battery while i was at work connected the fuse box ground to the negative terminal not positive it’s all good now! Thank you for your input!

609DSM likes this.