The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G No Crank, No Start, No Accesories

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornboy

Proven Member
Feb 28, 2020
Manhattan, Kansas
I've looked around a bit on the forums to try and find a solution to this, but I just get a lot of people having issues with cranking and starting exclusively. Mine is that everything electrical seems to be out.

Backstory:
I stored my car for the winter in my garage while I slowly amassed some parts to fix some of the issues with it. I got a VRSF intercooler to mount a decent blow off valve to, I got a Evo 3 16G from Justin to replace the cut up t-28 stocker, and I bought a front engine wiring harness to replace the current one with a cut up radiator fan connector.

About a month ago, I made the descent to fix all these in one fell swoop (probably not a great idea). I pulled the current intercooler and turbo off with little to no issue. Encountered some nerve-wracking cuts that I need to make in the radiator support frame to accommodate the intercooler, figured while I was trying to figure out what I should do on that, I'd start pulling the front engine harness (the one with all the accessories and headlights and what not).

I pulled the battery, removed all the connectors as gingerly as I could, and traced it back to where the harness goes through under the fender to feed through into the cabin over on the driver's side. Realized I couldn't pull the seat because the battery wasn't connected, reconnected it, plugged the front engine harness back into the main, and still couldn't move the seat or the windows. I decided to just reconnect the entire harness and put the battery back in completely and try again with still no luck. Thought maybe I need to turn the key to ACC, no change, turn the key to ON, no change, even tried cranking it just to see if that was still working, no dice. All relevant fuses are intact as far as I can tell, I believe all the ring terminals that ground to the body are in the right place. Battery is a bit low at 12.6V but even on a dedicated charger no change.

TLDR; I unplugged and replugged in 85% of my engine accessory harness and now my car seems completely out of power. Fuses seem fine and battery is at 12.6V.

are you sure you got everything plugged in under the dash.

also you can still move the seat without power
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

oh. i thought you said you changed out the front harness.

Oh sorry, that was the goal, but I ended up back tracking since I think that changing it might take a little more time than I want to spend, since its been sitting for like 6 months and I dont want the fuel to varnish

Here's two of the things that I'm not sure I reconnected correctly.

I'm like 95% these are ground wires and should be grounded to the body.

And I remember this being attached to the body, but I have no idea what this is.

These white wires look like they should be connected to the (+) battery terminal.

the wires that are going to the black plastic rectangle thingy are ground wires.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back