The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G 2g no crank no start!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1glife

5+ Year Contributor
Jan 15, 2018
Cedar city, Utah
A buddy of mine just got a 2g gst and for about the 1st 3/4 hours car would start perfect no issues. Now for what ever reason car will not crank at all he got a new starter and still nothing so i went under the dash no there is so much s**t WIRES everywhere for turbo timer and god only knows what else? So we went ahead and took all that s**t out and put everything back to stock maybe thinking something happen and a wire grounded out something well still no start! so with key on push start car runs so ignition is still working.

MPI and starter relay are working can hear the click and so on he is now thinking of putting a push to start but before we do that i just wanted to see who else has has this issue before and what was the fix for this?

i was thinking of the clutch switch also but that did nothing unplugged of plugged in! We never messed with the antitheft system so maybe we will give that a try.

A buddy of mine just got a 2g gst and for about the 1st 3/4 hours car would start perfect no issues. Now for what ever reason car will not crank at all he got a new starter and still nothing so i went under the dash no there is so much s**t WIRES everywhere for turbo timer and god only knows what else? So we went ahead and took all that s**t out and put everything back to stock maybe thinking something happen and a wire grounded out something well still no start! so with key on push start car runs so ignition is still working.

MPI and starter relay are working can hear the click and so on he is now thinking of putting a push to start but before we do that i just wanted to see who else has has this issue before and what was the fix for this?
try the neutral safety relay under your shift console

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back