1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G 2g no crank no start!

Posted by 1glife, Jan 15, 2018

Please Support VR Speed Factory
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. 1glife

1glife Probationary Member

Joined Jan 15, 2018
    Cedar city, Utah
    A buddy of mine just got a 2g gst and for about the 1st 3/4 hours car would start perfect no issues. Now for what ever reason car will not crank at all he got a new starter and still nothing so i went under the dash no there is so much s**t WIRES everywhere for turbo timer and god only knows what else? So we went ahead and took all that s**t out and put everything back to stock maybe thinking something happen and a wire grounded out something well still no start! so with key on push start car runs so ignition is still working.

MPI and starter relay are working can hear the click and so on he is now thinking of putting a push to start but before we do that i just wanted to see who else has has this issue before and what was the fix for this?

Street Build 447  8

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania
    Clutch switch? antitheft system?

Drag Race Build 2K  13

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. 1glife

1glife Probationary Member

Joined Jan 15, 2018
    Cedar city, Utah
    i was thinking of the clutch switch also but that did nothing unplugged of plugged in! We never messed with the antitheft system so maybe we will give that a try.

Street Build 447  8

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  4. Hx354g63

Hx354g63 Probationary Member

Joined Jan 7, 2019
    arab, Alabama
    try the neutral safety relay under your shift console

160  1

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM