The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

New valve spring compressor that might work

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Please don't PM me about aquiring one. I'll post an email address you can use to contact the manufacturer which isn't listed on their site.

:::»êÀ¯ÀÚµ¿Â÷°ø±¸:::
[email protected]

Thank you very much, but it's such a well made product.
Thanks for your input.

I need to add a question what language is that?

Are you sure he was using that on a 4g63 head?

It appears that the head in the picture is very much a 4g series cylinder head.

Nah. If those were here, we'd have heard of them. Nice that it not only centers by mounting in the spark plug hole, but that it's also set up to pressurize the cylinder to hold the valves up.

I was told by a member on another forum that works in a Hyundai service department that
he's seen one of these spring compressor in the special tools box and he'll get the part number.

Sorry for bringing back a dead thread. But they came out with one for 4g63 as seen in the new stem seal guide but he didnt include a link ;).

eBay Store - The Racing Shop: PARTS, HONDA VTEC, CIVIC PISTONS

It's under tools

Yipes, $65 a throw. Hm.

I bought this a few weeks ago. This works well and is Very very easy to use. Very quick, also. Just screw the bolt down, compress the spring a little, tap the top of the compressor until the valve "pops," remove the retainers, back the bolt out, and remove. Plus, all you need to do is hand-tighten the compressor unit to the head, which makes things alot faster. The little flat blade and magnet that comes with the kit becomes really handy as well. Here are some pics:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Removing the valve stem seals, on the other hand, Sucked. They just didn't want to come off of the valve guides, but after a few hours and patience, they came off. I may have scratched a little on the side of the guide, but I think I'll be fine.

-Chad

treebonker found the golden egg of VSC's!!! I was thinking about going and milling out one of those real simple ones, but if i can obtain one of those hyundai ones for a fair price I'm getting one!!!

I do a lot of work for other people so it would pay for it's self in a short amount of time s long as it's not outrageous. Thanks for posting the info on it bonker!

Also, plug wire pulling style pliers have worked good for taking seals out when 've had to do it. But honestly i prefer to have my machinist do all my assembly and tear down because when he puts them together he makes it right if something goes wrong.

This is what I use. A 70cent piece of copper 'T' tubing from ACE hardware and a C-Clamp. Never failed. Sorry for crappy pic.

A local DSMer custom made a compressor like the OP linked years ago. I used it to change my valve springs a few years back (head on car) & it worked great. Simple to use too as it keeps both hands free. Just used a modified compression tester to fill the cylinders & keep the valves in place.

Here's a nice valve spring compressor I found being used at a Hyundai service station. Mounts without any tools, access 4 valves at a time, comes with an air check valve and an automatic retainer lock installer. One pull and you're done. Makes the job effortless without pulling the head. Although not yet available in the US, it only cost $80 and works on practically all DOHC heads.
89146-new-valve-spring-

EDIT:
Please don't PM me about aquiring one. I'll post an email address you can use to contact the manufacturer which isn't listed on their site.

:::»êÀ¯ÀÚµ¿Â÷°ø±¸:::
[email protected]

I just built one of these tonight. It only does one side (but 2 valves) at a time and works great. It's i rough draft form but when i get it smoothed over, painted and cleaned up I'll post pics. Might even make a few for some people that were wanting one of the original styles but couldn't get them.. I can't "produce" them as some of the parts i use are dirtbike motor parts that aren't cheap and it would just be too damn expensive to make them to market (so no I'm not advertising them for sale)

I made it from mostly 4130 (love that stuff) and it's got a few little tweaks to make it my own and make it work how i want it to. I'm trying to integrate the "air feed" but the weld to the hollow plug came out crooked from warping (didn't put it in a jig like a dumb-ass)
so I'll try again on that, but it will even be a unique way to pressurize the cylinders when I'm done... can't wait to reveal it to everyone and show it in action putting my BC springs and retainers in!!!!!!

THE!!!!!!!!!!! NOT TEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​

[Learning disability.]

I ended up using the Euro Export tool a few weeks ago to replace 2 bad stem seals. The tool does have some bolt adjustment so I think it might work on a few different dohc heads, but a universal one would be better for those planning on using it for that reason.

If the cylinder is at DTC you do not need to put air in to hold the valve, it will drop just a little but not much that you won't be able to work on it.

I got mine straight from the source, for anyone that can't find it on eBay

Here the link Euro Export, Inc.

This is off topic but on their website they have vacuum blocks, would those work better than just having lines with T connections??

So is there any new information about this hyundai tool?

I tried everywhere to get one of those... So i think at this point the only option like it is the copy i made of it from steel ...it still allows you to put air in the cylinder if needed and you can pull 2 valve springs at once without reloacting the tool... Everytime i try adn get an extra to put up for sale someone local gets it before i can list it LOL

Hmm.. Next time you have one made you should PM me pics and a price ;).

I personally have the snap on and I wouldnt trade it for anything save the one that does 4 at a time. You can find copies for around 70 bucks on the bay.

It takes AT MOST 15 mins to do a head with the snap on tool. I tried all the home made ones on vfaq and they dont compare.

I personally have the snap on and I wouldnt trade it for anything save the one that does 4 at a time. You can find copies for around 70 bucks on the bay.

It takes AT MOST 15 mins to do a head with the snap on tool. I tried all the home made ones on vfaq and they dont compare.

..What one are you talking about? Your post is a bit confusing.

Here's a nice valve spring compressor I found being used at a Hyundai service station. Mounts without any tools, access 4 valves at a time, comes with an air check valve and an automatic retainer lock installer. One pull and you're done. Makes the job effortless without pulling the head. Although not yet available in the US, it only cost $80 and works on practically all DOHC heads.

EDIT:
They have an english website now.

Sanucartools - automobile repair tool, timing-belt, patented product

Well, a few months ago I sent an inquiry to the company that makes these valve spring tools, and I have gotten 2 replies from them! In the last one, they told me that I can be a distributor for them (I'm not looking to do that), and I have to order 5 sets minimum. They even gave me a price with shipping for all 5 sets. The shipping is actually about the same cost as the tool itself, but it still seems reasonable compared to the other tools out there. They even said that they will check if the tool will work correctly on Japanese engines before sending them over.
Is anyone interested these?

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back