The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

New Product!! 2G DSM AWD-swap bushing kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99gst_racer

Apr 5, 2003
Coloma, Michigan
Introducing our 2G DSM all-wheel-drive swap bushing kit.

This kit allows you to install an AWD rear subframe on a FWD car without needing the longer AWD bolts. So, no more hacking into the frame rails on the AWD donor car to retrieve the bolts and no more hacking into the frame rails on your car to insert the longer bolts. This kit uses 2 of the existing shorter FWD subframe bolts for installation and also uses two proprietary attachment points for the other two corners.

This kit does require some welding that is done with a basic MIG welder.

In stock and ready to ship!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

About 2 months too late for me haha (still got your subframe bushings, of course). I just did the swap and it was a hassle to get the bolts from the donor plus the mods to the fwd car. Looks like a great kit, just like all the other products you provide.

I love the idea of this! where does the welding need to be done? on the rear subframe? or the cars body?

I'm pretty sure this bushing is inserted into the body where the front AWD bolt would go. It is then welded in place. It's probably best to weld around the entire perimeter.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure this bushing is inserted into the body where the front AWD bolt would go. It is then welded in place. It's probably best to weld around the entire perimeter.
That would be correct. I made a similer piece but for mounting my fuel tank frame to the chassis and then when i mounted an AWD subframe it used the same welded in mounts to bolt to. Mitsubishi should of just used a threaded plate and have them all the same for cost savings and ease but they wanted to be weird about it

Morning, is there a how to video? Thanx
I don't have an install video to share. I have a local buddy that wants to do a swap this summer, so I'll definitely get a video of the process when the time comes.
I did put together a quick little install guide for them though.

I love the idea of this! where does the welding need to be done? on the rear subframe? or the cars body?
Two parts right to the frame where the AWD subframe bolt would otherwise go. (pics are 'pre-weld')

Last edited:
Let's see some installed pics, guys! Hopefully a few of you have had time to get them installed over the past month. :)
I'm sorry I'm so behind on this. I recently finished my swap using the bushings. Easy to install and welded up nicely.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back