The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

new oil pump break in period?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got Boooost

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 9, 2008
Airdrie, AB_Canada
Hey guys,
I spun a bearing on my rear balance shaft with only 2000kms on my rebuilt motor, so i removed the balance shafts and installed a new front cover and oil pump. I know with a new oil pump you should expect some more oil pressure, and that i do have. the oil pressure needle is 3/4 most the time unless im idling. is this normal for a new oil pump?, and do i have to break in a new oil pump? Ive driven the car about 100kms now since ive done the work, but ive been driving it nice, and unsure if i have to wait xxx amount of kms before i can drive it hard without it hurting anything.

thanks for the help.

Vern

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back