The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G New 1Gb Headlights!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is my blackout..Not yet installed. It's like 30 below so I aign't going anywhere.

Attachments

• finish headlight blackout (6).jpg
    finish headlight blackout (6).jpg
    69 KB · Views: 490
I snapped this photo while I was out for a drive today. You can see the headlight's look a hell of alot better than they should.

Attachments

• Out for a drive.jpg
    Out for a drive.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 415
Looks great. Headlights look like a great item. Wish they had that when I had my old 1Gb's. I made my own black housing headlights and corners.

Can't wait to see them with the HID's. Should of went with 4300K or 6000K.

Now I need to get some HID's and install.. But there expensive..

HIDGate on Ebay. $56.99 shipped. Not expensive. Nice kit.

Got mine today for my Yukon. 6000K. Not in factory housings.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Almost no glare. Camara phone picture.

Sorry for my absense. Yes the kits I order are on ebay all the time. But I buy direct from the company. I went with 10000k because I wanted the look. I didn't go for brightness. Since they are a cheap brand, they technically look 6000+8000k sometimes, but mostly just pure white. Every HID I install I use the same company and have not had an issue with any kit. And I install atleast one a week. Pretty soon I will be bulk purchasing them since I buy for 40 bucks a kit. I would have taken photos of the HID's in the new headlights but been busy with a customers car.

But they are nice. As for the HID's matched with the new headlights. I've never seen such clarity come from a Reflector housing type of headlight. The cutoff area is almost as crisp as a Projector beam. There is almost virtually no glare above 2ft around 40ft away or more. I parked my car down the end of the street with the lights on, had my friend drive me about a quarter mile away and drive back and the headlights look great... not bright to oncoming traphic, but you can notice they are aftermarket.

Will be taking the headlights apart to paint the high beams yellow chrome and installing some 3000k HID's (amber). Cause I'm working on making my own DRL's. Daytime driving runs the high beams only, no parking lights. And will be working with the light sensor so when it goes just slightly darker then afternoon (which is pretty bright here still) they will switch to regular lights and parking.

One more thing, Bud... I did my OEM headlights the same, as you with the blacked out blinker. Except I did clear amber in the high beams. Looks really nice.

You can't really tell because my camera phone sucks.

I couldn't get the corner clear, so I just blacked it out..
Wait. You get the kit for 40 bucks? Dude I totally want a set, I'll send you a pm and let you know.. How would I have to mod my high beams to fit HID's?

You wouldn't. Plug and play. I did smoke the corners until I got the new headlights and corners.

You just need a 9005 HID Conversion Kit. Install the bulb and go.

You wouldn't. Plug and play. I did smoke the corners until I got the new headlights and corners.

You just need a 9005 HID Conversion Kit. Install the bulb and go.

Right. And you can sell me one for 40 bucks? Or more since it's the conversion it? What about high beams on my wifes 99 Avenger?

If its one of the DSM made Avengers, it should be the same bulb as your car. All they are is Conversion Kits. They are D2S or D2R bulbs with the Socket made to fit it right into your stock housing or whatever you like. H1, H3, 9005, 9007. H7, H4... all of those you name it. And then there will be a plug made to hook it up to your stock harness.

Super sweet!!! I'll let you know when I can afford them..DO you have a pic of the stock headlights blacked, and lights on? I want to see which ones look better, black or clear. Ohh did you know that our headlights are made by TYC?

If its one of the DSM made Avengers, it should be the same bulb as your car. All they are is Conversion Kits. They are D2S or D2R bulbs with the Socket made to fit it right into your stock housing or whatever you like. H1, H3, 9005, 9007. H7, H4... all of those you name it. And then there will be a plug made to hook it up to your stock harness.

Am I going to have to vent my bright's with HID? I mean don't they produce alot of heat? I know some about HID, but not a whole lot. You need to mount the ballast, Is that what you mean by will fit in stoch housings?

You mean the headlights that I have? Or the stockers? As for photos with lights on, no I don't think I Do. I will be taking some of the new lights with the HID's.

As far as heat, no technically HID's run cooler then Halogen. Halogen bulbs are a burning filliment. HID's are gas. I mean they aren't running cooler enough for you to be able to touch them and make off with your skin in tact... but still colder then halogen 12v bulbs. You really don't need to modify anything.

I believe you are running the stock headlights just blacked out from the inside? To prevent glare you might wanna mod them a little more for the low beam... Look at the lens, and look at it cut in 3 peices. The bottom peice you should black out, under the bulb... To prevent as much glare as possible. IF you wish. My new headlights don't have this problem because they are more like the "diamond cut" headlights and have great light displacement

I hope you understand what I'm talking about.

As for fitment. The bulb will fit in your stock housing. Then you will have to mount the balast somewhere. I will take a photo now of where I temporarilly mounted my Balasts. Hold!

I know what you are saying. I know I forgot to do the part under the reflector. I saw the pic of our and thought Ohh shi*. I'll take them off again tomarrow when I go up to the garage. I was going to go up today, but thought naw I'll relax at home today.

Ohh crap I ran out of paint. Ohh I'm going to wallmart tomarrow any ways to get a new battery..I'll pick some up..

Ok, I took a photo but for some reason my damn phone won't send out... So here's a photo I have and you can see it. Look at the headlight on the bottom right side, you can see the balast mounted in that space... I plan on moving it somewhere to where its visible, out of the way, but visible enough to look good.
1994 Eagle Talon TSI AWD - Mitsubishi Modified

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back