The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G New 1Gb Headlights!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InfiniteGSX

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 10, 2002
Tijeras, New_Mexico
I love Christmas! Check out my new Present! Car presents rock.

Remember the old days when I turbo'd that 98 GS... Got some sweet ricer headlights, got another set! LOL not exactly ricer tho... they are just like Lukes, except blacked out...
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Remember my camera sucks and will take a nice one tomorrow or tonight.

10000k HID's will be here tomorrow, should have been today.

I made my stockers look just like these, except with smoked corners... so if anyone wants to pick them up for like 50 bucks, they are really nice and I always polish my headlights and take pride in my work. Anyone can come look at them since my camera blows. I'll let them go for like 50 bucks, just trying to pick up a new puppy so I need to get some cash. [/quote]

Oh they are.... All my DSM Buddies are wishin they had a 1gb... There's only 3 locally... 1 is a clean blue one that is getting redone all around, the other is a 20G beater that is faster then crap and uglier then death... and mine which is in the middle, fast, but clean... now everyone wishes they had a 1gb... LOL....

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I always hated 1G's, owning 3 so far, this one just takes the cake... I'm obsessed with my car... Wont ever get rid of it since My son Talon.

They look good.
Where have you been?

Yo Man whats up! long time! I been around. The damn Eclipse was just being too much of a PITA to Fix... And I hate fixing a car before getting to modify it... cause fix it parts aren't as fun as fix up parts. The car wreck I was in, I got the settlement and bought the Red Talon.... Needed a little work but it was CLEAN!!!!!!! I come around sometimes still, but mainly just browse.... I'm workin on gettin back into the DSMTuners spirit.

Nice, but you're throwing in a set of HIDS in it?
You're going to blind all the old ladies.

Nice, but you're throwing in a set of HIDS in it?
You're going to blind all the old ladies.

Hi, I'm Josh... One of the HID Kings on DSMTuners.com. Now that introductions are out of the way....

I plan on still doing the right kind of install with HID's unlike most, and most likely the type of people your referring to. D2R bulbs in Reflector housings, just like they are supposed to be. Infact, these housings, being the black version, don't glare like the stock headlights or the chrome aftermarket headlights do. Because of the black paint on the bottom and sides of the reflector housing. Infact, right now I have Silverstars in and to oncoming traffic, it looks like my bulbs are dead, cause there is absolutely no glare. The light points downward at the ground like its supposed to. But does not light anything above 2ft at a distance of 40 ft. So I hardly doubt I will need to modify these lens like I have done, and had to do to my Accords JDM headlights and a few others I've installed lights into.

With that said, I highly recommend these for anyone wanting to run HID's. Compared next to my friends 93 Talon with the same headlights, except the chrome ones, these ones have virtually no glare, vs his which look like heaven is coming at you with speed...:thumb:

Josh...How did you polish the headlights? Got a pic?? And the smoking is just a light layer of black on the outside or inside?? Black paint on bottom and sides of housing helps glare??

They are aftermarket headlights. Not Stock... But if you want to clear your orange headlights, get a headlight repair kit or sanding gel.

As for the blacked out headlights, Everything that the light doesn't need to bounce off of, is painted black. I've done it to my stock headlights, my JDM Accord Headlights and the stock Accord Headlights. But these are actual aftermarket headlights found on ebay now. Blocking the light from bouncing off of things that doesn't have anything to do with positioning light where it belongs, helps with glare ten fold.

As for smoked... you can try VHT Nightshade, I did it on my old clear corners, and blacked out my tail lights with it. Its a transparent black paint... you do it right, things come out right.

Thank you sir..I'm going to do my corners today. I'll post pics tonight to show you how they look. And the headlight, Idk if i'll black them out or not yet. I have two sets, so maybe I should. I was just going to use black spray paint, not nightshade, since I have Zero money to my name.. Thanks again..I'll post tonight to show progress..

be careful i put a set of aftermarket headights in my dads 2002 dakota.. and um.. the whole fron of the truck is a puddle of goo frm the fire that started in the light... never had a issue with my eclipse but just wanted to point that out.. you see smoke or smell anything check it out!!!!

I've purchased tons of aftermarket headlights before. These are built better then the stockers. Built the same way 2g's are.

I have aftermarked ones like these not blackhoused though. Make sure the wiring harness in there is as good as the stock one. I had to swap mine because the one that came with it melted on me.

You got some hood alignment issues I see.....
(sorry, I'm a body guy)

patience, another guy to help position it and some wrenches.
win.

But yes, i do like the headlights... I may need to buy.

SO I have one headlight to finish blacking out. I did one side so I could see how it looked first.. Sweet. Now I'm doing the right tonight. Sorry for not posting pics, but will get that too you.

The hood is aligned right. Its the rubber peice that holds it up... I don't have one there... The previous owner had a hood pin for the alarm there. And I took the pin out. So I need to locate something at u pull it to get it to hold up..... This car is seriously straight as ####.

HID's finally came in. The line of the lights is crisp for being a reflector housing. Almost as good as Projectors... No upper glare above the beam almost at all. Its nice...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back