The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Need some advise on what to do with my 2GB carbon fiber rear hatch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LSM

5+ Year Contributor
Mar 25, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona
I am amazed that nobody has made an aftermarket piece of glass that weighs a lot less than the stock one does so it can be used with a carbon fiber hatch! I know that a couple of companies got together and made some back around like 2014, but they don't make them anymore of course. Being as I am putting a ton of weight in the rear, my subwoofer and amps, my air bags air tank, a 15lb Nitrous tank, a 10lb CO2 tank, and most likely my battery, I'm adding between 150lbs and 200lbs! Something had to be done....so I bought a carbon fiber hatch to make up for some of the weight! Now of course I'm finding that my only 2 options are plexiglass or that other crap that people are using on their drag cars.....which would be fine for a drag only car, but mine will be a daily driver! I won't do either of those options for several reasons. Does anybody know of any other options? Can I find a glass place that will make me a custom rear piece of glass, maybe just not nearly as thick and heavy as the stock one? What should I do??

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back