The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Carbon fiber kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highlandgst

10+ Year Contributor
May 11, 2009
miller, Indiana
I'm looking to see if anyone knows a good place to purchase carbon fiber cloth with a kit of resin and hardener and everything you need ( aside form polishing compound )

Well I'm going to practice laminating parts so i can make some of my plastics carbon fibered more or less
thanks

I make carbon fiber parts and I can sell you everything you need with a discount.
Let me know how big cf cloth you need and I'll make you a package with resin and hardener.

I make carbon fiber parts and I can sell you everything you need with a discount.
Let me know how big cf cloth you need and I'll make you a package with resin and hardener.

much appreciated. I'll be in contact sometime soon im just starting a new job and not much time at the moment LOL

Do wear latex gloves, maybe even those that go up past elbows (or a long sleeve shirt). Carbon fiber dust from sawing, sanding, or drilling is nasty and will hurt if you are not used to it. If you do get some dust on skin, best way to get it off would be with a lint roller. Goes without saying that you should also wear safety glasses and a dust mask while finishing (cutting/drilling/sanding) the panel.

Another hint for you: after applying CF fabric (with resin) to the surface and letting it cure, don't try sanding it since you will get into the fibers and mess up the look. This especially applies when using vacuum, since it will remove all excess resin off top. A good way to prevent sand-throughs (especially if you are just starting out) is to wait only until the cf fabric and resin are set up, yet still tacky and apply a medium-thick layer of resin on top. Sand that top layer smooth, then clear coat over it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back