The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Need a tune?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dboyle23

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 10, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Well, I am going to install a fuel pump in my gf's dsm, then we are going to put in a big 16g. My question is, I believe I will have to tune the car after the new fuel pump is in right? Also, can I just use an safc for that? I only have a narrowband on her car so I won't be able to get a great tune or anything like that. After that, installing the 16g i know would require a nice tune to run properly. But how would it run without a new tune? Just run it at the same psi as the t25 is running now.
What do you guys think?

If its is a 190 just keep the psi under 13, if it is a 255 you need to buy a fuel pressure regulator and you still need to keep it under 13psi. If you turn up the psi more you will hit fuel cut, i recommend a fuel pump rewire when changing the fuel pump or even with the stock one.

If you want more than 13psi u need a tune and bigger injectors, but as long as you keep the boost at 13 or lower you should be fine.

you shouldn't need to tune for fuel pump.

If you have a 255 you will need an AFPR,

Right now she has full 3" exhaust, rai, uicp with 1g bov and boost control. Would a 190lph pump and the 16g at 13psi be a nice boost in power? We're running the t25 at 15psi right now.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.

EDIT: Also, how much HP will a 190 handle? We plan to upgrade some more in the future.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back