The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

My Work on my Daily Driver

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badabing33a

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 2, 2008
Louden, New_Hampshire
Figured I would make a blog on my daily driver. Here is some background on my DD.

Car- 92 Eclipse NA
Engine- 4G63 2.0L Non turbo
Mods- Short Ram Air Intake, NGK Plug Wires.

I purchased my Eclipse in October of 09. I bought it completely stock with a new clutch. It came with a 1990 eclipse parts car. The parts car had a newly rebuilt engine but the auto trans was broke. Shortly after, I bought an Intake and NGK plug wires.

Problems:
On the way home from buying the eclipse, there was a small hole in the downpipe that got bigger the more I drove it. I replaced the downpipe. Then about a month later, I had a short in my wiring. I located it under the fuse box in the engine bay. Fixed it. Next, my exhaust came apart after a launch from a stop sign. On its way out, it put a hole in the gas tank. Took the gas tank out of my Talon and swapped it in. After that, my fuel gauge didnt work. Took out the Fuel sending unit and swapped it. That was fixed. Next problem I had was a cracked exhaust manifold. I noticed it when I took off the rusty heat shield. I am assming it was there the entire time. Today, I am replacing the manifold. I actually just came inside from taking it off. I have one more bolt on the downpipe to take off and then I can yank it out. But, I couldnt feel my toes or my fingers, so I came in to get warmed up. So here am. I'm not really having problems with the dissasembly other than a snapped bolt from the downpipe. Here is a list of what I will be doing in the near future (or when its not 10 degrees out).

Hook up the muffler.
Replace wipers.
Take off the A/C compressor and condensor.
Fix the leak in my gas tank (leaks when over halfway full).
Put new wiper mounts on.
Paint Valve Cover.
Put on new battery terminals.
Completly delete emissions.

I doubt I will be doing much today since it's so damn cold out, but I needed to get my exhaust manifold changed. I have so much power loss its not even funny. I never thought it would make that big of a difference but the crack is getting bigger. I hope this brings it back to life and isnt something else. If I get bored, I will look over my engine and make sure all the hoses are hooked up and have no air leaks. I will try to get some pics of future progress. This should be a fun blog for you NA guys. Feel free to leave any comments or suggestions.

I have been looking for a cheap pair of headers. Just finished putting on the manifold. Gunna test drive it in a few mins.

w00t for n/t :)

I've got a write up for a 2g turbo transmission swap for the fwd. Throw was shortened, shifts like hot melted butter.

Looking for cheap headers? Look no further than Pacesetter. Keep in mind that if you get headers you car will forever be loud. Your to do list looks good, get the maintenance stuff done first.

Pacesetter huh? And yeah. Maintenance is definitely what I am going for right now.

Loud isn't a problem with me. My muffler isn't hooked up right now. Waiting for a warm day to fix it. I have the pipe. My Talon was kinda like that too. I race IMCA Modifieds with open headers. I guess you can say I am a little used to loud cars. Growing up, Dad always had very loud 80's Chevy Trucks with glass packs. At night, you could see the glare of the flames shooting out going down the road LOL.

Yea. He used mostly 383 strokers and 350's. Still have like 8 or 9 Chevy trucks sitting here.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back