The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

95 Eclipse GST Daily Driver

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanro

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 22, 2009
Montgomery, Alabama
Figured I would start a thread where I can post progress on the new acquisition.

Picked up this 95 GST for 1500$. Quote from the original CL add.

So I went and looked at it. Looked legit. Too good of a deal to pass up considering it was not missing a single interior piece, not even the little piece to right in the cargo area. The paint was pretty good. Only sun damage was on spoiler. It has a few little dents and a few little things I can fix which I like to do. Car was drivable so I drove it home.

Here are some pics and what not.

CL Pics :
e9sosjgi7dsx0n814obp.jpg

qkrohb6anl1jlfe1zsqb.jpg

j5txtzm54hsmd6yx677.jpg

1rgjm2f8j1dn00u4ttwb.jpg

On The Way Home!

Arrived at Destination.

Stack O Receipts and Paper work (2"-3" thick)

Window Sticker FTW!

In The Barn

Got this 3 gauge pillar today. Not exactly what I thought it was. Thought it was a full pillar replacement. Maybe I can mount it without a pillar.

And the arps came in today as well. Here is some other stuff I have for the HG change. Still waiting on a timing belt set so I can do them both at the same time. Also have some cam shaft seals, and a set of valve seals I plan on installing. Car has a new VC gasket so I opted to skip that one.

Interior Progress

Wheels and such. That is a rattle can. Think I can cut that gap down with some eibachs?

Under the hood progress

AEMs Need to find the other black face plate.

I have to say I like the 2g engine bay much much better than the 1g. The wiring harness is much easier to #### with, and you can ####ing stand in there once you get the radiator out.

Engine is out.

Head Removed

Done :
Removed FP Pipe (Sold)
Fabricated Intake Pipe with Recirc
Installed SSQV
Removed B&M (Sold)
Installed OEM Shifter
Removed Autometer Gauges/Pod (Sold/Traded)
Installed AEM Truboost
Installed AEM UEGO (Needs Sensor)
Installed Autometer Water Temp
Removed Duraband CD Player

To Do
Install Kenwood Headunit
Use Proper Mounting Sleeve
Install Rockford Fosgates in Doors
Replace Headgasket/Timing Belt
Fix Turnsignals
Fix Driver's Window
Pay Victor to install the door handle.
Spray Side Mirrors Black
Touch Up 2gb Bumper Cover
Add Silver Ground effects to 2gb Bumper Cover
Find a second 2gb headlight.

well looks that still in a good shape, how many miles does it have on the block? any oil leaks on the bottom?

160,xxx. Yeah the oil drain tube from the turbo is leaking like a mfer... They allways do.

As for the mileage. 160,000. It was well cared for tho. These are the cleanest ####ing pistons I have ever seen on a high mileage engine.

Its in better condition than the 1g that had 40k less miles when I broke it. And 60k when I bought it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back