The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

99 GSX 2.3l 6-bolt Daily Driver

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOADweskey

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 11, 2006
Jacksonville, Florida
I spent some time at RRE last night on the Dyno and Sam dialed in a dual map tune for 91 octane and e85.

The 91 numbers were far from impressive as it seams that the 2.3 is not a fan of very much timing advance. On crap Ca pump 91 we got 288awhp and 320ish torque at 18psi.

The e85 tune made some magic happen though. 442AWHP and 424 lb-ft of torque at 27psi.

On e85 Sam was able to get the 5031 to flow 45 lb/min which I think is pretty good considering the turbo is advertised as maxing at 49 lb/min and I'm running it through a stock 1G throttle body and an extrude honed 2G intake. Also I am running a high flow cat in my exhaust. I think I may have the highest hp and torque numbers for an internally gated car with a cat if only because no one else does it.

I have attached the dyno display from the e85 pulls.

I will most certainly be at Fontana on Sunday. I'm hoping I can get enough runs in to figure out how to launch with the twin disk and figure out the right launch RPM and shift points.

Nice build man! I want to do a 2.3 soooo bad. I look forward to hearing the numbers.

I went with the 2G head because the original plan was to keep all the smog equipment and have the car be as sleeper as possible so I wanted to still be able to run a stock 2G intake manifold which I am so all the smog crap on the IM could be hooked up.

When I was putting the motor back in though I got lazy and didn't bother to put any of the smog stuff back I do still have the option though if needed so that is nice.

I also heard from a few people that while the ports are smaller on the 2G head they actually flow pretty damn well and are great for low and mid-range power and since the car is driven on the street a lot and also raced at autocross events I like my mid-range to be solid. I was hoping for peak torque to hit before 4000 RPM but I will take it happening right after.

I can see the difference from the 1G and 2G intake. i was making a hybrid intake for my saturn using a stock 2G, and it flowed well.
the 2G intake deferentially had higher velocity over the 1G.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back