The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

My FP 3052 review so far.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staytuned

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 31, 2004
Kingston, ON_Canada
This turbo is absolutely awesome for the street. It builds boost just over 3000 rpm's and hits full boost (21 psi) at 3800 rpm's. Right now I am using a 1st gen afc, pocket logger and an AEM wide band O2 sensor to tune. Right now I am at 11.0:1 AF ratio from 4000 up to 7500, I would like to be at 11.5:1. I hope to see 350 awhp this June when I go to the dyno. I know that seems low but the Mustang dyno in Ottawa reads low and the only thing I have to compare it to is Paul s Talon that ran 11.9 at 119 and laid down those same #'s on that dyno.

Check my mods to see what I have done and if you have any questions fire away.

I would look into larger injectors. DSM in tampa was outflowing 680's at 21psi back when he dynoed. Also any plans for better fuel management? Seems almost a waste to run such a badass setup on an AFC. :thumb:

badass setup man .. I like your car a lot. I'm considering a fp turbo as well for my next upgrade. I'll probably go with the fp3065. Let me know if you ever have any problems with yours.

I am a kinda kicking myself for not getting the FP 3065 now ....I love this turbo but I am wondering how it's big brother performs too.

Heard good things about that turbo. I am planning to buy one for my 2g AWD.
I was told to change my 550cc injectors to 660cc. I am using S-AFC, but heard that DSM Link was better. Plus I'll have to upgrade the stock short block (max 400 hp). Going for a 1G 6 bolt block.

If I were you I would get 750's with the DSMlink. The only reason I am running 650's on my setup is because I am tuning with an AFC. You should be Ok up to 500 crank HP on a stock short block ....it's done quite frequently.

I've been trying to find some good reviews on this turbo, since it's what I've been considering for my future buildup! Keep us all up to date and let us know how the Dyno goes!

Well I went for ride last night and this thing hauls ass. I thought my 50 trim at 20psi was kinda fast but this just blows it away, plus the external dump sounds sick :thumb:

Last night was fun. I am seeing 2220 hz at the top of 4th on my AFC. Thats with 2 1/4 IC piping, 1G TB, stock intake mani, stock head (except for 272's) and boost at 21 psi on 94 octane.

Will be interested in seeing how it dynos out. What did you have for a turbo before this? Did you dyno that one?
I too am building up to the FP3052 and love seeing other getting good results with it.

On a 3065, at 20psi on 93 pump, I made 311whp 297wtq.
43 knock counts, no wideband used. Thanks to turbo trix.
780cc's, keydiver stage 3 chip, safc2, pocketlogger.

Going back soon with a new knock sensor, new place with wideband, and DSMLink.

Hoping for high 300's at 21psi. Wish me luck!

Oh and btw, This turbo is VERY streetable. Builds boost alittle over 3k and get full boost by 3900-4000.

Steve Hebert said:
Will be interested in seeing how it dynos out. What did you have for a turbo before this? Did you dyno that one?
I too am building up to the FP3052 and love seeing other getting good results with it.

I had the stock T25 and I did hit he dyno with it and made 200 awhp and 230ft/lbs of torque. I am hoping to hit 350 AWHP with this setup.

Staytuned said:
Last night was fun. I am seeing 2220 hz at the top of 4th on my AFC. Thats with 2 1/4 IC piping, 1G TB, stock intake mani, stock head (except for 272's) and boost at 21 psi on 94 octane.

Just a question, how much more flow does the 3052 pump out compared to an E316g? Because at 20psi on my e3, i am usually seeing 2300 hz at around 6500rpm or so. And the head is 100% stock, no cams or anything.
-Tim

tim_korn_99 said:
Just a question, how much more flow does the 3052 pump out compared to an E316g? Because at 20psi on my e3, i am usually seeing 2300 hz at around 6500rpm or so. And the head is 100% stock, no cams or anything.
-Tim

hz isn't really the best way to compare, it changes from car to car depending on whats done to your MAS and if you have any small boost leaks.

CanadianTSi said:
hz isn't really the best way to compare, it changes from car to car depending on whats done to your MAS and if you have any small boost leaks.

As well as temp changes and altitude differences. I find grams per rev to be a better comparison.

CanadianTSi said:
Indeed, If only we all had DSMLink ;)

Not using DSMlink(or similer level of control product) is like using a 10 lb sledge to perform surgery. sure you can get the job done, but its sloppy as hell & often causes complications..

there's a guy who picked up DSMlink & gained 11MPH & roughly 113 AWHP just by spending a few hours tuning. the only change was the addition of DSMlink (replacing an SAFC).

My first mod to my car was DSMLink ;) that and alch injection are the two things that were the most bang-for-buck that i saw on my car. (even over my 50lb/min turbo)

I run an FP Green 7cm externally gated, my boost is as follows:

Taking 3rd gear as the standard for pulls, if initially floored at 2000rpms, it will real full boost (23psi) exactly at 3800rpms as logged with my GM 3bar sensor on DSMlink. I am curious how your 3052 compares, spool up is entirely based on what rpm you begin at, so I'm curious how it would fair starting at 2000rpms. If the same is done in 5th gear for me, I reach full boost by 3200-3300rpms. This is the standard bearing FP Green 7cm. If floored at 3000rpms, dsmlink doesnt log full boost until 4400rpms or so, just for comparisons sake.

Thus far, with my MAFT calibrated through DSMlink to read similar to a 2g MAS I have recorded around 2450hz and 46-48lb/min. Honestly I'm just curious about the spool difference in your car compared to mine, however the conditions must be 2000rpms exactly to begin the initial WOT, and then the measurement of full boost must be taken at a legit reading, mine being done through a logged sensor so it was easy. The FP Green and the FP 3052 are very comparible turbo's size wise, however I'd like to see how the spool up compares, and to see if the BB truly is worth it.

16g-95gsx said:
The FP Green and the FP 3052 are very comparible turbo's size wise, however I'd like to see how the spool up compares, and to see if the BB truly is worth it.

From what i noticed with my BB turrbo & my friends comparable turbo, the spool up is nearly the same, but the lag is much less with a BB (once the turbo started to spool, it hit full boost a lot quicker, which was scary the first time because i spiked to 28psi! OMG )

I don't have any DSMlink logs atm though.. some nice comparable condition logs would be cool to look at (like you stated above)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back