The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

FP 3065 vs FP 3052 whats to scoop on both?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GstRacer

20+ Year Contributor
May 6, 2003
BooneDocks, Connecticut
does anyone have dynos on either turbo, im looking for pump gas numbers. i would like to know the diff in spool from the 3065 vs 3052. im going to get one of them but want to make the right decition for what im looking to do. spool is pretty important to me. but if the 3065 will give say 40 more HP on pump and only spool like 500 more rpms later then thats worth it to go with that ya knwo thanks in advance

I think FP has some on their webpage, or is that turbo maps?
their full Vband setup is looking good to me, is that what your looking to get?

Your FWD right?
a 500hp FWD with 18's is like driving a 200hp FWD on spare tires,
I saw go for lower spooling, instead of driving on ice at 8krpm+

sorry to get off topic, just had to ask :shhh:

I seriously doubt there will be a 40whp difference on pump. They use the same turbine housing, and the same turbine wheel IIRC so the only difference will be from compressor efficincies.

GstRacer said:
ya im fwd but does anyone have any dyno sheets or can tell me when they spool??

DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!! LOADED QUESTION!!!

But seriously, this totally depends on your mods. Different setups will result in different spool times. 2.0 or 2.4? Cams? SMIM? FMIC? Exhaust size?

Post up your mods and we can tell you a little more.

Not to state the obvious, but why not contact FP and tell them what you have (mod-wise), what you want to get out of your car, and ask which they'd suggest since they make both of these turbos ;)

There are dyno graphs on FP's website for both these units, and searching this site for "3052" and "3065" would give you much info in the meantime :dsm:

well i have a built 6 bolt no BS, SBR stage 5 head feraea valve train, TRE tranny,magnus SMIM, short route FMIC, 272, 3 inch turbo back, and the new SBR manifold, but changing to the DNP. 880cc, dsmlink, GM maff, ect. i know i could talk to them but i like to hear from people not the company. A person with the turbo and mods i want to see there dyno results at what psi.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back