The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

My Align Specs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got Boooost

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 9, 2008
Airdrie, AB_Canada
hey guys,
the previous owner of my car installed camber kits front and rear to get the car back into factory specs when he lowered it, however Im looking for more camber for autocross. so I removed the camber kit in the rear restoring it back to facotry setting. the front i removed the slider type camber kit and reinstalled the factory upper control arm pivots along with escentric bushings from road race engineer. with all this done Im aiming for -2.5 front and -1.5 rear.
and i ended up with

Front
L R
-2.3 -2.9

Rear
L R
-1.6 -1.7

Im pretty happy with the way it all ended up, except the Right front at -2.9.
Is it worth while for me to adjust the camber to get a closer match to the -2.3 on the left side? or should i just leave it? and if i leave it, will it do anything being that the right side is out .6 of a degree?
also my toe is set to 0 on all 4 corners.

I appreciate the help.

Me, too (as to the OCD - it drives me nuts, as it were, that the Evo is not "level"), but I'd be doing all I can to raise the lower, not lower the higher.

Last edited:
for me, -2.3 is too little in front so I would not give any up on other side. I've raced/streeted for years w/ a front camber mismatch like your .6. Zero toe has kept wear even but racing will wear the shoulder more on the camber challenged side so I swap left/right for max life.

Thanks for the help guys, I'm going to take a look at my left side and see if I can adjust it some more to closer match the right. Is there any cons about running this much camber for street use? I don't put a whole lot of kms on the car maybe 3000kms pre year, I might put on more this year due to the fact our local autocross venue is no longer so all the autocross this year is out of town, so I wont be going to as many events as I originally planned, so to make up for it I'll probably go on a couple trip with some buddies to get some driving time in this year.

So I looked into changing the one camber, but I'm maxed out on both sides, so should I leave it the way it is or should I bring down the right side to closer match the left?

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back