The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

My 1991 Eagle Talon AWD: From the beginning

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I JUST WANTED TO SAY YOU ARE AMAZING. IVE BEEN WATCHING YOUR BUILD FOR A LONG TIME, IT GAVE ME INSPERATION TO BUILD MY OLD TALON. I GOT OUT OF IT FOR WHILE AND EVERY DAY I REGRETED IT. NOW MY DAD GOT A WHITE 91 TALON FOR ME JUST LIKE YOURS AND I AM INSPIRED TO MAKE IT PERFECT JUST LIKE YOURS. I KNOW YOU HEAR THIS A LOT BUT THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR DEDICATION TO DSM'S AND POSTING EVERY LITTLE THING YOU DO :pray: YOU ARE ONE OF THE DSM GODS LOL

By the way sorry for the caps lock, forgot. Won't happen again :)

Last edited:
I JUST WANTED TO SAY YOU ARE AMAZING. IVE BEEN WATCHING YOUR BUILD FOR A LONG TIME, IT GAVE ME INSPERATION TO BUILD MY OLD TALON. I GOT OUT OF IT FOR WHILE AND EVERY DAY I REGRETED IT. NOW MY DAD GOT A WHITE 91 TALON FOR ME JUST LIKE YOURS AND I AM INSPIRED TO MAKE IT PERFECT JUST LIKE YOURS. I KNOW YOU HEAR THIS A LOT BUT THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR DEDICATION TO DSM'S AND POSTING EVERY LITTLE THING YOU DO :pray: YOU ARE ONE OF THE DSM GODS LOL

By the way sorry for the caps lock, forgot. Won't happen again :)

Thank you for the very kind words! I'm glad I can offer inspiration, as that is my only goal of making these videos. Many folks have inspired me in the past and it's fun that I can do the same! Best of luck with your car and let me know how it goes! -Tom

i actually found your videos on youtube before stumbling upon this thread. i love your gsx. i just wish i had money for my car. it's a gs, but i am collecting every all the parts to do a a turbo swap and i'm using the marketplace to do so.

i actually found your videos on youtube before stumbling upon this thread. i love your gsx. i just wish i had money for my car. it's a gs, but i am collecting every all the parts to do a a turbo swap and i'm using the marketplace to do so.

Thank you! I've said this a hundred times, but you do not need to spend lots of money to have fun!! I'm telling you, I probably had just as much fun with my old POS 1991 Nissan Sentra back in the day as I've had with any car. It's about making the most of what you have, and hot rodding/DIY'ing if you don't have extensive resources. Enjoy your GS and good luck to you!

Thank you for your post! They are awsome!

You're welcome and I appreciate the support!

Hello All!

Here's the latest video. We talk about my history with the Buick Grand National and then take a closer look at mine. Thanks for watching!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjJWc7HOu8w]Tom's Turbo Garage: Buick Grand National Intro & Overview - YouTube[/ame]

Oh cool new stuff! Your roster is real similar to mine. 91 gsx (of course) 82 celica/supra w 7mgte swap, 77 camaro. 92 laser rs. Gotta have your American muscle, light drift car, and a dsm to go FAST :)

Great variety! I think it's important to have some diversity if you're going to have a couple cars. It's refreshing to work on and drive completely different machines- I find it keeps me fresh and more interested. Have fun with your cars!

Love the GN's my neighbors son has one that just sits in there backyard rotting away and refuses to sell it to me hate seeing cars like that not getting the attention they deserve.

Great variety! I think it's important to have some diversity if you're going to have a couple cars. It's refreshing to work on and drive completely different machines- I find it keeps me fresh and more interested. Have fun with your cars!

Yeah but you GN seems still somewhat mild mannered with the v6 and efi. I hate to say it but Im really preferring the dsm over everything else. Its like yeah my camaro runs 12s turns heads and sets car alarms off rattling the ground but thats about all its good for...DSMs just do it all...and if my 7m in my supra ever gives me problems Ill probably 4g63 swap her :D Can I get anymore info on your starion? it really looks like it was a cool car but not a lot of info on it. What did it end up doing in the quarter?

Love the GN's my neighbors son has one that just sits in there backyard rotting away and refuses to sell it to me hate seeing cars like that not getting the attention they deserve.

He needs to learn that saying "he who dies with the most toys...STILL DIES" LOL thats a shame

That's a shame! There are some pretty cool cars I drive by regularly that are just sitting and rotting away in a similar fashion. I will never understand that mentality. Just sell the freaking thing if you're going to let a car deteriorate. If you're going to keep it, at least store it properly!

Yeah but you GN seems still somewhat mild mannered with the v6 and efi. I hate to say it but Im really preferring the dsm over everything else. Its like yeah my camaro runs 12s turns heads and sets car alarms off rattling the ground but thats about all its good for...DSMs just do it all...and if my 7m in my supra ever gives me problems Ill probably 4g63 swap her :D Can I get anymore info on your starion? it really looks like it was a cool car but not a lot of info on it. What did it end up doing in the quarter?

That's true, the GN is very mild mannered. They can be built up like crazy (like most any car) but I like cruising around with the wife and kids in it and prefer it to be understated a bit. It would be cool to keep it exactly the way eek out an 11.99999 in the 1/4. :) I'm with you on the DSM. Built ones are just nasty and few cars on the street can keep up.

As for the Starion, you probably saw my website dedicated to it (Project Starion 4G63 Turbo) but outside of that I could answer any specific questions you may have, just PM me. It was a great project that was a valuable learning experience for me. There is much more to that story, as the car was positioned directly in the middle of a troubled relationship. As I said, learning experience.

The car never did run a good 1/4 mile- figuring out the torque converter and nitrous mix for a clean launch never happened. After many failed attempts, that troubled relationship I mentioned earlier, frustration, and a busy career with lots of travel led to the car sitting and then being tore apart and various parts sold. It's a real bummer because with ECMLink, I would've had it sorted out in a few hours. So that's the story and this is probably the first time I've felt comfortable enough to discuss it. So many mixed emotions there.

Watched most of your vids last night and all I can say is well done sir! Keep up the good work. I wish I would have found these sooner. What struts and chutch are you using and can you tell us or make a video on your experience has been to land you with the ones you currently use. Thanks

Watched most of your vids last night and all I can say is well done sir! Keep up the good work. I wish I would have found these sooner. What struts and chutch are you using and can you tell us or make a video on your experience has been to land you with the ones you currently use. Thanks

Thank you! I've got my full mod list up on my website at Eagle Talon Turbo| Home. I need to freshen up the clutch this year, so I likely will make a video on that topic. See ya!

Checked out your mods page. I was curious to ask if you still are using that Buschur Racing stage 3 short block from 2004? How many miles are on that short block? I am looking at that same shortblock and Buschur has a review video of a stage 3 Evo shortblock and it looks dang good. :thumb:

Checked out your mods page. I was curious to ask if you still are using that Buschur Racing stage 3 short block from 2004? How many miles are on that short block? I am looking at that same shortblock and Buschur has a review video of a stage 3 Evo shortblock and it looks dang good. :thumb:

Yes, same engine. I don't know the exact mileage but Jeez, it has to be plenty. I bought it back in 2003 when it got bolted into my drag Starion, where it saw lots of passes and some street driving. In 2006 it was swapped it into my 1989 Mirage where I drove it (almost) daily. I then swapped it into my Talon in 2007 where I drove it a couple days a week and daily all winter long until 2010. Now it only takes trips to the dump and grocery store and occasional commuter duty. It has to be around 40-50k miles guessing conservatively.

Yes, same engine. I don't know the exact mileage but Jeez, it has to be plenty. I bought it back in 2003 when it got bolted into my drag Starion, where it saw lots of passes and some street driving. In 2006 it was swapped it into my 1989 Mirage where I drove it (almost) daily. I then swapped it into my Talon in 2007 where I drove it a couple days a week and daily all winter long until 2010. Now it only takes trips to the dump and grocery store and occasional commuter duty. It has to be around 40-50k miles guessing conservatively.

Wow! That's amazing! One short block went through 3 cars. That's a sweet accomplishment.

Wow! That's amazing! One short block went through 3 cars. That's a sweet accomplishment.

Thanks man! If only my wife saw it that way- she thought I was insane at the time. ROFL

i hope my car looks like this in the near future.. have a 1990 gst shes beautiful. just wont run ( for now ) :sneaky:

i hope my car looks like this in the near future.. have a 1990 gst shes beautiful. just wont run ( for now ) :sneaky:

Good luck with it! Also, it's new video time! :sneaky:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiwGg5nAdhU]Tom's Turbo Garage: Timing Belt Replacement - YouTube[/ame]

Awesome video! Wonder how different my 2010 golf TDI is from that jetta. My parents had the exact same car and they rust very very quickly so hopefully you guys gave those nooks and crannys a thorough cleaning. :applause:

Thank you! I would check the MyTurboDiesel forums to see for sure. We did give it a good cleaning, luckily we're far enough south to escape the rust belt.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back