The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

My 1991 Eagle Talon AWD: From the beginning

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi folks,

Here's the latest Talon video, where we finish up the twin disc install and go for a test drive! Thanks as always for watching!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsMGmzROxP0]Tom's Turbo Garage: Eagle Talon Turbo - Twin Disc Clutch: Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Time for a 1pc driveshaft. Awesome video,best in the series I think. Your expression is priceless!!!!!1

Time for a 1pc driveshaft. Awesome video,best in the series I think. Your expression is priceless!!!!!1

Haha, thank you! That expression is my "holy crap I'm about to die" face. ROFL

Very nice build so far, I am very jealous. Car looks amazing. I just picked up for myself a 96 talon tsi.Needs some work. I just redid the headliner like you did and mine does need some seats too. -_- I dont have the knowledge to put together aftermarkets seat in and rebuilding engines. But I am going to uti starting july 29th. So building my eagle talon will come soon hopefully! Very nice build though, watched your videos and learned a a lot!

I'm glad you caught that face on camera, that was priceless! Were those stock U joints? I am about to rebuild my own driveshaft. From the research I've done I found out that the aftermarket ones are usually junk, and some are greaseable which are weaker. You can get joints cheaper by buying the transfer case leak fix kits, they come with a joint and are usually cheaper.

You continue to do an awesome job with these videos! Keep it up! We appreciate it.

Thank you sir, I'm glad you enjoy them!

Very nice build so far, I am very jealous. Car looks amazing. I just picked up for myself a 96 talon tsi.Needs some work. I just redid the headliner like you did and mine does need some seats too. -_- I dont have the knowledge to put together aftermarkets seat in and rebuilding engines. But I am going to uti starting july 29th. So building my eagle talon will come soon hopefully! Very nice build though, watched your videos and learned a a lot!

Thank you Adam and I appreciate the kind words! Best of luck in your schooling and with your Talon too!

I'm glad you caught that face on camera, that was priceless! Were those stock U joints? I am about to rebuild my own driveshaft. From the research I've done I found out that the aftermarket ones are usually junk, and some are greaseable which are weaker. You can get joints cheaper by buying the transfer case leak fix kits, they come with a joint and are usually cheaper.

Yeah, that's my AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! face. Haha! I feel weird talking into a camera and stuff, I just try to imagine that I'm taking one of y'all for a ride.

Thanks for the tip on the transfer case leak fix kit, that's the route I'm going now. Have a good one!

Damn every time I see your videos I am just inspired, now don't think I'm crazy but I got that talon finally from my dad and you'll never guess what it looks like
aby7anu3.jpg

Yupp just like yours LOL. I love your talon and I hope one day I can make it as bad ass as yours!!

Damn every time I see your videos I am just inspired, now don't think I'm crazy but I got that talon finally from my dad and you'll never guess what it looks like...Yupp just like yours LOL. I love your talon and I hope one day I can make it as bad ass as yours!!

That's so darn cool!!! Best of luck with it and send me some more pictures on here or facebook sometime! See ya.

Tom,

You really should bring that beast to the Shootout in August. I know I for one would love to meet you and shake your hand, maybe have a beer or two. If you are a dsm junkie like the rest of us are, you've gotta make the pilgrimage to Norwalk every August.

You not regret it.

It's probably a pretty long drive for you, but I would say it is totally worth it!

Keep on boostin!

Tom,

You really should bring that beast to the Shootout in August. I know I for one would love to meet you and shake your hand, maybe have a beer or two. If you are a dsm junkie like the rest of us are, you've gotta make the pilgrimage to Norwalk every August.

You not regret it.

It's probably a pretty long drive for you, but I would say it is totally worth it!

Keep on boostin!

Hi there and I agree! I used to go every year back in the day, but things just kept coming up with work, kids, etc. This year I'll definitely be there and look forward to meeting you and lots of other cool folks from here and on Facebook!

Hi there and I agree! I used to go every year back in the day, but things just kept coming up with work, kids, etc. This year I'll definitely be there and look forward to meeting you and lots of other cool folks from here and on Facebook!

Glad to hear you'll be at the shootout! I was wondering the other day after watching your newest video if you were going. This year will be my first.

Well good then! :D I will look forward to seeing you at the Shootout! :cool:

Hi Everyone,

Here's the latest video, this time featuring my friend's 1972 Dodge Colt (aka the Mitsubishi Colt Galant). This was the car that started it all for Mitsubishi in the USA!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWBR0G1zup0]Tom's Turbo Garage: 1972 Dodge Colt - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for watching,

-Tom

Hi All,

I realize it's been forever since I've shared any updates on the Talon. It's doing well, probably jealous of the attention that the Galant VR-4 is getting though, haha! Here's a little video of a recent Sunday drive. Thanks for checking it out!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc9qWw0bq6M]1991 Eagle Talon AWD Turbo: Sunday Drive - YouTube[/ame]

I gotta get my driveshaft rebuilt too the whole thing is bad so ill be doing that and grabbing some torque solutions to replace the oem stuff, should be really tight. Im also going to replace the rear control arm bushings and eventually soild subframe bushings all around, again I love the videos really creative. I love cars even muscle ones.

I gotta get my driveshaft rebuilt too the whole thing is bad so ill be doing that and grabbing some torque solutions to replace the oem stuff, should be really tight. Im also going to replace the rear control arm bushings and eventually soild subframe bushings all around, again I love the videos really creative. I love cars even muscle ones.

Thank you man!

So what was the reason for the part out?

I did my best to sum it all up here:
Eagle Talon Turbo | Goodbye Old Friend

Last edited:
Soooooooo, do you have a new project in the making?

My question as well! You picked out another chassis to build? Would love to see you with a z or sx series nissan. Either way I want to follow which ever your next one is hopefully modds will let you post here on tuners outside of your vr4.

I feared this was such when I seen your add in the market place, seems my thoughts were very well placed. Your a true car guy, wish I could live down my muscle car hatred but its hard with the way they seem to act.

he has a gvr4 on here now that he has restored back to amazing condition

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back