The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

MPI Fuse Keeps blowing HELP!!!!! please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devilsfutbol17

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Bellingham, Washington
Every time I try to drive my car, the MPI fuse blows. I can start the car and its fine. I can 2-step at 5.5k rpms and its fine. I can shift into every gear with the clutch pushed in and it fine. As soon as I start to let the clutch out and give it gas while in gear, it blows the fuse instantly. I'm puzzled! It only blows when I start to drive the car.

The BCS had fallen under my battery and got wound into the axle. It stripped some of the wire insulation off and when the axel would turn, it would make contact and ground out. It was in my galant and with where I had the battery, it wasn't easily visibile. While it was dark we tried a new fuse and was able to see the spark from the short, so we found the problem.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back