The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

MHI Warranty? (evo 3 16g)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSIHero

15+ Year Contributor
May 9, 2005
Irwin, Pennsylvania
So I've had an MHI EvoIII 16G for 4 months and it's already leaking oil into the exhaust. I bought it from TC.com and asked them about it where they said yeah you have a 12 month or 12000 mile warranty on it but NOT from Turbochargers.com but from MHI. They then told me that in all the years of dealing WITH MHI that NEVER ONCE have they honored one of there 12 month warrantys.

Can anyone with experience give me a yes/no to the truth of this?

I've never heard of them having a warranty. However, I've also never seen a turbo fail from anything other than oil contamination or something going through the turbo.

You're not MHI's customer, you're turbochargers.com's customer. I think their response speaks volumes.

That being said, warranty details are something you work out with a vendor prior to purchase. If they really won't stand behind the product they sold you, then your next bet is to take it up with MHI directly; I'm sure turbochargers.com can provide you with the necessary contact information.

TSIHero said:
They then told me that in all the years of dealing WITH MHI that NEVER ONCE have they honored one of there 12 month warrantys.
then why in the hell does tc.com say that they come with a warranty if they arent honored?

Yeah he told me my warranty is with MHI not with them.

And I have to SEND it to MHI for them to warranty it.

Is this bs or what? I got some hack on email. Should I just call them instead?

TC.com takes no responsibility for there warranty. Basically saying MHI is there supplier and THEY hold your warranty. However NEVER in the history of man have they honored it. Thats two websites saying the same thing.

Even if the turbo fell apart because God told it too they'd probably claim not responsible. Thats a real shame. Its a warranty, just give me a new one.

Guess i'm driving real moderately until I can get another one.

It's not really a load of crap, roadrace said pretty much the same thing I did:

All failed turbos we have ever seen have obvious damage from lack of lubrication, contamination in the oil or the turbo ingesting something.

None of which are the manufacturers fault. If you send the turbo to a turbo rebuilder they will tell you exactly what caused the failure.

If you had got the GT turbo from TC.com.Then you would of had a real warrenty.
Its pretty common knowlegde that the MHI warrenty is worthless.

Second that buddy...MHI shouldnt even advertise a warrenty, but they do so waht can you do? But the GT turbo from TC.com has a very real warranty. We will even fix for free or discounted rate if the turbo fails due to user error, try to get MHI to do that...or most other vendors/suppliers/manufacturers.

seems like you need to look for the no hassle or racing warranties that are out there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back