1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

ECMlink Map and 02 problems

Posted by tealgsx, Jul 29, 2019

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. tealgsx

tealgsx Probationary Member

Joined Jan 28, 2009
    Lincoln, Maine
    Ok so after going to the track this past weekend and having all my sensors working fine I know have no o2 lc1 or map sensor being logged. Also the car just wants to run for like a second and then stall. Everything was fine Intill I was trying to start it and popped the main fuse. Battery is in the trunk so like an idiot I tried boosting the car to load it up would run but does what it does know. The car was also throwing a code for engine coolant sensor I found a short to ground on that wire code went away. I have test both the o2 and map sensor at the ecu pins both have voltage my lc1 gauge still works fine I also tested all the ecu sensor grounds and the ecu grounds. My thought is ecu I took it apart but cannot see any problems nothing burnt but I am no expert. Anyone have any other ideas I would be gratefull

392  1

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  2. gofer

gofer Moderator

Joined Feb 18, 2006
    South Gilbert, Arizona
    Capture and post a key ON log (dont try to start it) and Ill take a look.

Street Build 16K  13  61

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    11.634 @ 126.050 · 2G DSM

2K  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    manual · 2G DSM
    1990TSIAWDTALON likes this.
  3. lglracer

lglracer Supporting VIP

Joined Jul 13, 2008
    Sacramento, California
    Did you verify your sensors are setup? Ive had it before where the sensors cleared themselves and caused issues with the car.

Road Race Build 502  1

manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 451  1

1990 Mitsubishi Galant GSX
    awd · manual · Galant VR-4

Street Build 1K  4

1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
    awd · manual · Galant VR-4

489  0

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    manual · 1G DSM
  4. tealgsx

Joined Jan 28, 2009
    Lincoln, Maine
    Yes they are setup that was the first thing I looked at I'll double check though

392  1

awd · manual · 1G DSM
    lglracer likes this.
  5. tealgsx

Joined Jan 28, 2009
    Lincoln, Maine
    Ok so the ecu is not In the car right know but in the log the map sensor o2 signal and wideband factor are just not dark they are lighter writing

392  1

awd · manual · 1G DSM
  6. 91talonts1

91talonts1 Proven Member

Joined Dec 29, 2008
    Spencer, North Carolina
    Sounds like they're no longer being captured. Check the captured values list, not the displayed values, and make sure they're both in there.

Drag Race Build 3K  15

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  7. tealgsx

Joined Jan 28, 2009
    Lincoln, Maine
    I lost all my settings in the ecu you were right they were not being captured thanks for your help I was ready to send the ecu in.

392  1

awd · manual · 1G DSM
  8. jed344

jed344 Proven Member

Joined Jan 10, 2008
    Waterville, Iowa
    I have had this happen if I make a change and hit sav to ECU, then kill power to the car right away. I was told you have to wait 5-7 seconds for ECU to power down and save settings and that was my issue.

844  26

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  9. tealgsx

Joined Jan 28, 2009
    Lincoln, Maine
    I'm not sure how it happened to me I blew the main fuse trying to start it. It was last call at my local track then we tried jumping it to get it on the trailer. I am saving everything to the computer know thoug

392  1

awd · manual · 1G DSM