The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Lowering spring question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casem13

Proven Member
Apr 15, 2017
Olympia, Washington
I’ve seen posts like this a bunch and they all have the same answers. Here is the issue. I’m trying to get lowering springs for my 97 gsx. I already have Koni yellows, but I’ve been trying to find lowering springs. I wanted to get the eibach prokit. But it’s no longer made, same with H&R springs, tein, and many others. They only offer them for front wheel drive. And I know the gsx uses different ones for the extra weight. I see a lot of sites posting saying they fit all eclipses when I know that is bs. So can anyone link me to a set of good lowering springs. Thanks

I have been planning to lower my 2001 Spyder GT. From what I have read they say you should also change struts and shock also. Then there are kits to correct cast and camber... I`m a bit confused with the hole thing ..I`m just want to close the gap between my tire and fender so my wheels don`t look so small .

https://www.autoanything.com/suspension-systems/20A53672A1.aspx

My bet is that most manufacturers found that the difference in spring rate for standard lowering springs wasn't worth the production effort to make two different models when the cars could use either, so they just went to one spring rate for the rears of 2g cars. All websites I see offer one spring type for 2g rears.

If it's that important to you, then you may have to go with coilovers, order custom springs or find someone that has true gsx coils for sale.

My bet is that most manufacturers found that the difference in spring rate for standard lowering springs wasn't worth the production effort to make two different models when the cars could use either, so they just went to one spring rate for the rears of 2g cars. All websites I see offer one spring type for 2g rears.

If it's that important to you, then you may have to go with coilovers, order custom springs or find someone that has true gsx coils for sale.

I just want a good pair of lowering springs that work for the gsx due to the extra weight

Check the weight specs of the springs you want, manufacturers may have gone to a middle ground rating to mediate costs. I'd be willing to bet you'd be fine with any of the offerings available, especially compared to stock.

The weight difference in the rear is about 180lbs of sprung weight IIRC.

Check the weight specs of the springs you want, manufacturers may have gone to a middle ground rating to mediate costs. I'd be willing to bet you'd be fine with any of the offerings available, especially compared to stock.

The weight difference in the rear is about 180lbs of sprung weight IIRC.

Yeah I’ll have to check around. A long time ago I made the mistake of buying ones for a non-turbo and it was supposed to do a 1 inch drop but it sent me car straight to the ground so I sent them back. I found one of the vendors on here sells lowering springs that it lists for gst/ gsx so I’ll probably just have to go with that

You will need a camber kit as well, if you want your camber to be in spec when u get it aligned.

I know if I don’t go past like 1.3 inch drop I shouldn’t need a camber kit due to it not being lowered much. I’m not trying to go super low because that’s tacky and ridiculous. Just trying to close the gap some in the wheel wells

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back