The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Leaking Oil and now coolant

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ata14

Probationary Member
Apr 12, 2013
State College, Pennsylvania
Hi, yesterday I noticed a wet spot under my car. Not even enough to create a puddle, just a wet spot. Took my talon out for a few minutes, and let it sit. I watched underneath it and found small oil droplets dripping down from near the oil filter. There was also a lot of oil along the frame. Where should I start to find the leak? I saw a lot of posts saying the valve cover gasket. Any advice would be appreciated. This is my first car and I'm really a complete beginner when it comes to repairs, but I want to learn how to do it.

Now for the coolant. When I found out about the oil leak, I decided to check all the fluids again. Radiator fluid was empty. Went to autozone and got new coolant to put in. Once it was filled ip, I took the car for a drive again. When I got home I found the coolant leaking too, but it was leaking from the hose that connects the radiator cap thing to the radiator. So I am assuming that is an easy fix.

Im sorry if this has any spelling mistakes. Im on my smartphone and it wont let me go back to edit. Let me know what you think. I will see if I can post any photos now, but if I cant ill post them when I get home. Thanks

You start by cleaning up the mess, then looking for the leak. With it looking based on your description finding the leak will be very difficult. Start with as clean a slate as possible, run the engine, rev it a few times, and look around.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back