The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink Laptop for tuning

98gsx6g63t

Probationary Member
May 11, 2021
Fort Morgan, Colorado
I’ve tried everything through upgrading my ports and all. For some reason when my v3 dsm link cable tries to connect it says port not valid any help???

Lucky13

Supporting Member
Nov 20, 2002
Palm Beach Gard, Florida
I have a HP Pavilion that's a couple years old with Win10 on it. I've never had any issues. I take it you've tried all the basic stuff like swapping usb ports and having it pulled in before you power up the laptop.

KCDsmDude

Proven Member
Oct 11, 2020
KANSAS CITY, Missouri
What version of link are you using?
What version of the DRIVERS are you using?
Do you have the correct port selected in the Link settings?
Have you made sure that when you plug in the Link USB cable, the laptop recognizes it?

98gsx6g63t

Probationary Member
May 11, 2021
Fort Morgan, Colorado
See it the v3 cable isn’t recognizing the ports for my laptop I have the v3 version

98gsx6g63t

Probationary Member
May 11, 2021
Fort Morgan, Colorado
I am also doing an oil change with the front of my vehicle on ramps. I’ve poured 5 quarts. And it’s still not showing on the dipstick..?

1990TSIAWDTALON

Nov 14, 2013
Independence, Kansas
5 qts is full. It's not on the ground, is it???
When I was young, I finished up a project at 2am, poured 5 qts in, fired it up......no oil pressure. Looked under the car, no drain plug and 5 qts on the floor. :ohdamn:

KCDsmDude

Proven Member
Oct 11, 2020
KANSAS CITY, Missouri
See it the v3 cable isn’t recognizing the ports for my laptop I have the v3 version

There is more than one version of Link. There is more than one version of the drivers to install to help your computer recognize the USB ports as COM ports so Link can connect.

Which com port are you plugging it into? Does that match the com port you have selected in the Link settings?

98gsx6g63t

Probationary Member
May 11, 2021
Fort Morgan, Colorado
5 qts is full. It's not on the ground, is it???
When I was young, I finished up a project at 2am, poured 5 qts in, fired it up......no oil pressure. Looked under the car, no drain plug and 5 qts on the floor. :ohdamn:
No it’s not on the floor unfortunately 🤣🤣 I wish it was it’d be easier to tell if there is somthing wrong🤣

98gsx6g63t

Probationary Member
May 11, 2021
Fort Morgan, Colorado
There is more than one version of Link. There is more than one version of the drivers to install to help your computer recognize the USB ports as COM ports so Link can connect.

Which com port are you plugging it into? Does that match the com port you have selected in the Link settings?
Yes and for some reason the light blinks on the cable but it’s says it can’t connect. I’ll try some more things here soon

1990TSIAWDTALON

Nov 14, 2013
Independence, Kansas
Try bumping the starter when you are trying to connect. I have had some "weird" issues connecting, and sometimes I have to start the car to get it to connect and works fine after that.

98gsx6g63t

Probationary Member
May 11, 2021
Fort Morgan, Colorado
Try bumping the starter when you are trying to connect. I have had some "weird" issues connecting, and sometimes I have to start the car to get it to connect and works fine after that.
Awesome man I’ll try it.

1990TSIAWDTALON

Nov 14, 2013
Independence, Kansas
No promises, but they don't mention it in any VFAQs about Link, it just happened to be a work around for me. Good luck!!!

98gsx6g63t

Probationary Member
May 11, 2021
Fort Morgan, Colorado

Awesome man I’ll try it
No promises, but they don't mention it in any VFAQs about Link, it just happened to be a work around for me. Good luck!!!
didn’t have to bump the starter just turn the key to on and off fast and it connected

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Feal Suspension Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com OHM Racing Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing SouthBay Fuel Injectors STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds