The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Laptop for tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a HP Pavilion that's a couple years old with Win10 on it. I've never had any issues. I take it you've tried all the basic stuff like swapping usb ports and having it pulled in before you power up the laptop.

What version of link are you using?
What version of the DRIVERS are you using?
Do you have the correct port selected in the Link settings?
Have you made sure that when you plug in the Link USB cable, the laptop recognizes it?

5 qts is full. It's not on the ground, is it???
When I was young, I finished up a project at 2am, poured 5 qts in, fired it up......no oil pressure. Looked under the car, no drain plug and 5 qts on the floor. :ohdamn:

See it the v3 cable isn’t recognizing the ports for my laptop I have the v3 version

There is more than one version of Link. There is more than one version of the drivers to install to help your computer recognize the USB ports as COM ports so Link can connect.

Which com port are you plugging it into? Does that match the com port you have selected in the Link settings?

5 qts is full. It's not on the ground, is it???
When I was young, I finished up a project at 2am, poured 5 qts in, fired it up......no oil pressure. Looked under the car, no drain plug and 5 qts on the floor. :ohdamn:
No it’s not on the floor unfortunately 🤣🤣 I wish it was it’d be easier to tell if there is somthing wrong🤣

There is more than one version of Link. There is more than one version of the drivers to install to help your computer recognize the USB ports as COM ports so Link can connect.

Which com port are you plugging it into? Does that match the com port you have selected in the Link settings?
Yes and for some reason the light blinks on the cable but it’s says it can’t connect. I’ll try some more things here soon

Try bumping the starter when you are trying to connect. I have had some "weird" issues connecting, and sometimes I have to start the car to get it to connect and works fine after that.

No promises, but they don't mention it in any VFAQs about Link, it just happened to be a work around for me. Good luck!!!

Try bumping the starter when you are trying to connect. I have had some "weird" issues connecting, and sometimes I have to start the car to get it to connect and works fine after that.

Awesome man I’ll try it
No promises, but they don't mention it in any VFAQs about Link, it just happened to be a work around for me. Good luck!!!
didn’t have to bump the starter just turn the key to on and off fast and it connected

YAY!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back