The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Will my laptop work for tuning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeDSM

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 18, 2004
Lincoln, Nebraska
I have a Compaq Presario 1200, it has Windows Me, and a Intel Celeron Proccesor, not sure on the speed. Does anybody know if it wil work for tuning?? if so where do i get the cable/software? :talon:

What do you want to run on it? You can do dsmlink, but that's very expensive. Most other program run on the palm os. Don't know if they can be run on windows directly.

i dunno exactly, i dont really want dsmlink (too much $$), my car has:
3" intake
3" cat-back, high flow cat
2.5" UICP
3" GM MAF W/ translator, located after the bov
walbro 255 LPH HP
boost and A/F gauge
coming soon:
660cc injectors
adjustable FPR
ACT 2600

I want to run pretty high boost on the 14b for now, ill eventually go EVOIII, but i just need something to log so i can tune with the MAFT
I found a cable on DSMparts.com for a 1G, it says its compatible for palm or for laptop, but i want to be sure this computer can handle it, since its sooo outdated

Actually, you're in luck. There was this thread recently:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121847
...which seems to be some program for 1g's that will run on a pc. But it might only be for tuning, I don't know if it logs. And I think you need a 1g eeprom or something too.

I think you're lucky being a 1g; you have knock count available to you. No offense, but I had my eclipse friends who spend a ton of money on mods, and then NO money for any tuning devices, and hit me up to use my pocketlogger or wideband. If your going to mod your car, you need to be able to tune it too. And you don't have to go all out with dsmlink. You could get a cheap palm off ebay for 50-100 bucks, and then the 1g pocketlogger is only like $150 for cable and software.

One of my friends picked up 11 wheel horsepower by doing 2 quick tuning runs on a dyno using a widband. So don't under estimate the power (or power you can get) of tuning...

thanx for all the info, i PM`d u again

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back