The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Koni Rear strut alternitive (FWD)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tektic

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 10, 2010
ronkonkoma, New_York
  • So it seems the rear Koni struts for FWD 1gs are NLA Part# 8040 1128
  • I was looking to get Koni Front strut inserts, but what could I match them with?
  • Is there another model that's a similar size. Id rater not get agx rears as that is seemingly the only option.
  • Are these no longer best in slot because the don't exist?
  • This is for a commuter car. A GS n/t. It would be nice if it rode well but its not getting any track days or any thing like that. The agx shocks don't really get the best feedback.I Didn't really want to shell out for coil-overs but this is seemingly the easier option.

Agreed. For a commuter I'd just put some standard struts in and run. I put Gabriel and KYB on my 90 laser with some eibach lowering springs, and it rides quite excellent considering the bottom dollar I paid for the struts ($5ea. for Gabriel rears, $25ea. For KYB fronts). It's not what I'd call low, but the ride is smooth and works well in the lightly spirited driving it sees, and everyday commute is excellent.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back