The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Just bought my first dsm- 97 gst 5 spd... help~! :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LS1inOC

Probationary Member
Oct 29, 2005
Laguna Niguel, California
Alright guys, I did this about 4 years ago with my Camaro and I'm thinking I can get the same help here in regards to my new purchase. If anyone is in the Laguna Niguel area (South Orange County) and wouldnt mind checking the car out for me. I just kind of would like to know what I need to get to make it run perfect and not worry about drive-ability issues. I think it's running pig rich... I dont even know how the hell to read these a:f gauges... they move too much! =p Anyways, if someone has some time and doesn't mind helping out a newbie. The car is extremely clean for the mileage and the price I stole it for (i think?). So if someone could let me know via email or just call me on my cell...949-355-3395. Thanks in advance guys! (and girls?).

-Garrett

The A/F gauge is useless when it comes to any type of reading. The only benefit of that signal is to tell the ecu how much fuel to put in. A wideband will tell you if it is pig rich. You could also get a logger and fine out your fuel trims. I bought my 95 tsi awd this summer and the drive home sucked cuz there was about 6 different boost leaks and it sucked down a whole tank. It was only a 150 mile drive but it didn't matter. Boost leaks will cause it to run pig rich as well. Any more questions feel free to PM me

try and look for a boost leak. check every hose from the turbo to the throttle body. pull on every hose and make sure its nice and tight,

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back