The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

just bought my first DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeti-gvr4

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 23, 2010
san diego, California
I've wanted to learn the frustration of FWD so I picked up a 1992 gst the hood is thrashed, needs a sunroof and there's no rear seats or trunk interior,

I got it for 500$ and got it towed 92 miles to my house for 140$.
Funny thing is I know the person who's on the title.
And it wasn't the seller.

Anyways

The car has a horrible rattling that never goes away even under throttle it doesent change pitch or pace under throttle (I think Ill be checking it all out tommarow )

He said the head was ported so I'm geussing its valves tapping?

I'm not going to continue to start the engine

I want the engine running when I'm threw with the build so I can still move it without having to tow it. My houses are 6 miles apart.And its in a spot right now that it has to be a running vehicle. So it can move at anytime.

And YES I'm understood on the part of DO NOT START the engine

And the car hasn't changed in anyway all the problems is what it came with..

Thanks for all the advice and I will hopefully get my block shipped out to me by Friday.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back