The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Junkyard Engine Prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thornyrose26

Probationary Member
Apr 11, 2023
Los Angeles, California
I just recently pulled a 7-bolt engine from a junker GS-T at one of the local LKQ pick-a-part. To my dismay, the price for the engine came out to around $700. Granted, $100 of that was for the warranty (in case the block turned out to be no good) but holy moly $600 for a junker engine is excessive.

Are the prices at your local pick-a-part similar? It's been a few years since I've last had to buy a large part like an engine for one of my projects but I don't remember it costing this much LOL.

A 7 bolt 4g63 at my local yard (and is still there last I knew) was $700. That's been a year ago too.

That's an absolute tragedy. :(

The only bright side to the one I pulled is that it's still a virgin block.

Crazy how fast the prices for parts for these cars are starting to increase.

It depends on the yard. Our “original” local Pull-a-Part lists long blocks for $185 with a $20 core.

LKQ seems to have increased prices on everything lately. That automatically tacked on additional cost for the warranty is ridiculous. For those that may not be aware - you do not have to purchase the warranty and can request they remove those costs.

And I bet MY yard doesn't have said "warranty". I considered buying it if I could get it "right" but that, to me, is $500 max and running. No disclosure about "smoking".

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back