1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

1G jay Alt Relocation

Posted by bryanzomg, Dec 5, 2020

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. bryanzomg

bryanzomg Proven Member

Joined May 18, 2015
    melrose park, Illinois
    Has anyone successfully removed the alternator from underneath the car? I’m trying to avoid removing the intake manifold. It’s a CS130 alternator. I’ve successfully changed the Jay bracket from underneath. If my memory is correct I could possibly get away with removing the half shaft? Currently sick so I haven’t had a chance to go underneath the car. It’s an AWD btw.

Drag Race Build 426  1

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.171 @ 113.47 · 1G DSM
  2. Vegas Smith

Vegas Smith Proven Member

Joined Dec 2, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    I have not but I remove it out the top in between the manifold and shock tower. I do have an evo3 manifold so perhaps it's different than yours.

Street Build 4K  4

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  3. bryanzomg

bryanzomg Proven Member

Joined May 18, 2015
    melrose park, Illinois
    I'm going to attempt to remove the coil pack and PTU, hopefully that'll give me enough space. I am running stock 1g manifold for now.

Drag Race Build 426  1

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.171 @ 113.47 · 1G DSM
  4. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania
    I haven't tried it with a stock manifold but I have pulled it out through the area where the battery sits before with the relocated alternator, not sure but you might try that.

Drag Race Build 4K  10  24

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM