The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Is any of you guys using the phantom grip as a gaily driver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

13secondGST

15+ Year Contributor
May 29, 2004
Brownsville, Texas
I was wanting to put on the phantom grip on my 95 gst but im not sure because last time my transmission broke with it. but i dont know because last time i was just popping my clutch and it was wheel hpping. but know i had to change my style of driving i just ride the clutch when i take of and maybe this is helping my trans mission and its not wheel hpiing no more. what do you guys think?

yea i have the phantom grip LSD in my transmission and just the other day i laid a sweet 1 laned track of rubber :rolleyes: this thing sux more than i could ever imagine

I got the PG in my car also, I really dunno if it works. I have no before and after 60ft time
I get more power one wheel though.
I'll go quaife if i was goin through the trouble of installing

my 60's never changed after adding it. but then again why would it affect anything if it was a worthless piece of crap. i have however heard decent reviews of the bm tranny version of it.

mavisky said:
my 60's never changed after adding it. but then again why would it affect anything if it was a worthless piece of crap. i have however heard decent reviews of the bm tranny version of it.

I know someone with the BM version and they like it too. I believe it's because the springs are stiffer than the old phantom grip springs (which only provided ~20ft-lbs of torque on the slipping wheel). Then phantom grip updated those springs to stiffer (gold) springs, and now they have even stiffer (green) springs, which I just purchased and will in stall in the next few weeks.

will let yall know how it performs. If I can bring my 60' down from 2.6 to below 2.3, i'd be happy.

peace,
-dave

by the way, do you really have a 13sec GS-T on an open diff? if so, what are your 60' like?

i dropped my 60's to low 2.2's with sticky tires and adjustable shocks. i'd love to shave another .2 off with an lsd.

Devicex said:
I was never impressed with my bm insert and I can't truely say it has ever helped with my traction issues. Perhaps the 18's and my general inability to drive factors in somewhere.
:shhh:

low sidewalls and inexpensive rubber would mightily offset any traction advantage you gained with the bm. i drove a lsd equipped nissan sentra se-r spec-v and with its 17's even it'd sit and roast most of first gear if you didn't take it easy.

60' times are not that hard. I consistenly pulled 2.2s all day on Khumo street tires (225/40/18) and open diff. To get that 60' time I would abuse the hell out of the clutch by slipping it all the way through 1/2 of 2nd. However, 330' times generally suck because I can't lay power down during the 1-2 shift. I don't think the BM insert I just installed will help 60' times much, but I'm hoping it will greatly improve my 330' times. When i first got the GST I was pulling 2.6 60' times all day. So just learning how to drive made the biggest difference ever. Oh, and my car consistently runs 13.8s.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back