The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Internal Tachometer Adapter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunner4usa

Proven Member
Nov 3, 2014
Hanover, Pennsylvania
Does anybody out there have the schematics for the internal tach adapter? What circuit board and the schematics? I know a place used to make them, but I need to figure out how to duplicate since they are no longer produced. It is used to fix tachometer issue with using a 91 ECU in a 90.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Is that image one of the tach adapters that used to be sold? If so, you almost don't need a schematic of it to reproduce it, it looks pretty simple.

Who made that adapter?

I agree, you can figure the resistors and diode out relatively easy and we can all know how to make one! If that is the component that used to be sold, can you post a picture of the back side also? I think I can read the other components from the first pic. :thumb:

The problem is we need someone to have it. That is just a picture off of the website that used to sell them. It will be very easy to make just need to see also what you asked

Is that image one of the tach adapters that used to be sold? If so, you almost don't need a schematic of it to reproduce it, it looks pretty simple.

Who made that adapter?

brads,

I believe it was DSMChips that made it.

I agree, you can figure the resistors and diode out relatively easy and we can all know how to make one! If that is the component that used to be sold, can you post a picture of the back side also? I think I can read the other components from the first pic. :thumb:

1990TSIAWDTALON,

Unfortunately, this is the only picture that I have of one.

It'd be easy enough to reproduce it. It is a simple circuit, with a diode feeding a small RC filter, which then switches a transistor(probably an NPN) on or off. Fairly similar to tach filter circuits many other vehicles use.

Of course, if they still sell them anywhere, it is always easier to just buy what someone else made and move on to the next project :).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back