The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Interior lights and taillights not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Officially_gav

Probationary Member
Sep 2, 2018
West Jefferson, Ohio
driving down the road one night and my gauges stopped working and both of my taillights stopped working as well and got pulled over for it please help ASAP I can’t figure out what’s going on

sounds like a fuse or the column switch

so its probably a short somewhere.
thats about all the help i can give without knowing what flavor your car is

You need a wiring diagram like the one dusty supplied.
You need a sealed beam headlight and two jumper wires.
Pull fuse out.
One Jumper wire goes in where each leg of the fuse was.
Connect jumper wires to headlight to complete circuit.

Now you can safely find out where your short is by chasing the wiring diagram.
You can unplug connectors and when the light goes out you know the short is downline of that connector..

Edit: if someone supplies a circuit diagram for a ‘99 I’ll walk you through finding the short. Daunting at first, but not that hard man.

You need a wiring diagram like the one dusty supplied.
You need a sealed beam headlight and two jumper wires.
Pull fuse out.
One Jumper wire goes in where each leg of the fuse was.
Connect jumper wires to headlight to complete circuit.

Now you can safely find out where your short is by chasing the wiring diagram.
You can unplug connectors and when the light goes out you know the short is downline of that connector..

Edit: if someone supplies a circuit diagram for a ‘99 I’ll walk you through finding the short. Daunting at first, but not that hard man.
Yeah I’m definitely going to have to do that and will for sure need the help thanks a lot guys I’ll be sure to post an update here soon I can’t work on the car tonight

Try pulling the sun-visors and unplugging the light up mirrors for them if you have them, moving them back and forth wears through the wire leading to them and it ends up shorting against the body where it comes down from the roof and blowing that fuse, ask me how I know and how long it took me to find that one.

Thank you for this.. added it to my stockpile of diagrams for the car.
As for the short, I have a strange short caused by my rear view mirror lights that would kill my interior lights, chime, gauge lights, and radio. The last place I thought to look would be the rear view. This sounds slightly different than your problem, but my point is you really gotta be careful and read the diagram thoroughly.

driving down the road one night and my gauges stopped working and both of my taillights stopped working as well and got pulled over for it please help ASAP I can’t figure out what’s going on
This used to happen to me all the time it was the cigarette lighter shorting out somehow and blowing the 15A fuse so I would have to wiggle all the wires and it stopped so maybe check the cigarette ighter and all the connections

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back