1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Intake Manifold and Porting Questions

Posted by Schmegma, Jun 30, 2015

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. Schmegma

Schmegma Proven Member

Joined Nov 23, 2008
    arvada, Colorado
    Building a 1g for road race. Car will be shooting for 350-400 whp , 2k curb weight.

As far as the intake manifold goes. Is an aftermarket Sheet metal manifold going to help substantially (worth the cost, etc) especially if I keep the head stock - no porting, aftermarket cams, etc.

My old dsm was port matched on the exhaust side to the gasket. I bought it this way.

What do you guys recommend for a great street setup and very quick response for road racing, some slight autocross as well.

Thanks all!

2. jakelandry

jakelandry Proven Member

Joined Oct 13, 2009
    Minden, Louisiana
    For those hp goals on a stock head the cyclone manifold would be a great match.

4K  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    11.410 @ 125.490 · 2G DSM
  3. Schmegma

Schmegma Proven Member

Joined Nov 23, 2008
    arvada, Colorado
    Thanks! Good gains from the cyclone if I remember right.

You aren't related to hal landry by chance?

4. jakelandry

jakelandry Proven Member

Joined Oct 13, 2009
    Minden, Louisiana

Not to my knowledge but it's possible. I loved my cyclone and wouldn't have ditched it if it didn't become a restriction on my current setup. Wonderful midrange. Nice username btw.

4K  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    11.410 @ 125.490 · 2G DSM
  5. Schmegma

Schmegma Proven Member

Joined Nov 23, 2008
    arvada, Colorado
    Good to know! The midrange is exactly what i'm looking for.

Thanks on the username comment LOL