The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Injen Intake couplers and filter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinned4g63

Proven Member
May 1, 2017
Pasadena, Maryland
In the midst if repairs on my GST and thought the intake would be an easy swap. The bottom of my airbox imploded so I thought this would be an easy replacement along with a cone filter. However the place I got it from did not send me couplers and I'm finding it difficult to find replacements. Is that only a matter of size and a trip to the auto parts store? Could also use some input on the size of the filter. Looking on extreme psi they have a lot of different options.

I measured the MAS for a 2G its 4.25"x3". So, 7.25"/2 = 3 5/8" ID round coupler would be needed to attach the intake to the MAS. The OD of the T25 is 2" without the rubber surround piece, or 2.25" with it. I believe the Injen intake is 2.25", so depending on how you connect it, you would need either a straight 2.25" coupler or a reducer from 2.25" to 2". As far as the filter, it can get cramped. You will need a cone filter adapter, I think 4" is plenty, but maybe someone else can give an opinion there.

Edit: People say 4" coupler works for the MAS, but I have a spare MAS and a 4" coupler and its loose. I can post a picture if needed. It would probably work fine with a clamp, but the size mentioned above should be a more snug fit.

3.75" round silicone coupler on the MAS end, and the turbo end is 2.25" so you'd potentially need a reducer to connect the intake to your turbo inlet depending what turbo you're using. You're not likely to find anything this specific at a typical auto parts store.

Filter size needs to be whatever your adapter flange is by about 6" long overall. I use a K&N RU-4260 on my daily driver for example:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

3.75" round silicone coupler on the MAS end, and the turbo end is 2.25" so you'd potentially need a reducer to connect the intake to your turbo inlet depending what turbo you're using. You're not likely to find anything this specific at a typical auto parts store.

Filter size needs to be whatever your adapter flange is by about 6" long overall. I use a K&N RU-4260 on my daily driver for example:
Thanks for the reply! So if I got a 4" adapter and a 3.75" coupler I'd still need the one at the turbo and the filter itself. I'd likely get the KN you use because mine will continue to be a daily so I don't need anything fancy. Would the stock t25 have that rubber piece @JeffwithaG mentioned to make it 2.25", and would either of you have any recommendations where to get the couplers?

You don't need a 4" adapter, it won't fit anything in this equation...just the 3.75" coupler to join the MAS to the pipe and a stepped adapter coupler to connect the intake pipe to your turbo. I'm not a fan of stacking rubber sleeves to get proper fitment so just get the correct stepped coupler and roll with it. I've found eBay is the best place for silicone couplers of various sizes- quality/strength really doesn't matter in this case because there's no pressure on either coupler.

Thanks for the reply! So if I got a 4" adapter and a 3.75" coupler I'd still need the one at the turbo and the filter itself. I'd likely get the KN you use because mine will continue to be a daily so I don't need anything fancy. Would the stock t25 have that rubber piece @JeffwithaG mentioned to make it 2.25", and would either of you have any recommendations where to get the couplers?

Hey, the 4" adapter I referenced was in regards to the filter base size and the mass airflow adapter (like in the STM picture below). Not sure what size people use, the STM one is 4.5". I made a beautiful artistic rendition of the setup in question, hopefully that helps. You will need clamps as well for the couplers, those arent in the picture.

I agree; eBay or Amazon has decent prices on couplers. You could also support some of the site vendors, might be a little more pricey, but I am sure they would appreciate the business. ExtremePSI stocks them, I'm sure others do as well.

https://www.extremepsi.com/store/Extreme-PSI-4-Ply-Silicone-Coupler-3.75-I.D..html
https://www.extremepsi.com/store/Extreme-PSI-4-Ply-Silicone-Reducer-2.00-2.25-I.D..html
https://www.extremepsi.com/store/Ex...nd-N-Air-Filter-Mitsubishi-Eclipse-95-99.html

Last edited:
Hey, the 4" adapter I referenced was in regards to the filter base size and the mass airflow adapter (like in the STM picture below). Not sure what size people use, the STM one is 4.5". I made a beautiful artistic rendition of the setup in question, hopefully that helps. You will need clamps as well for the couplers, those arent in the picture.

I agree; eBay or Amazon has decent prices on couplers. You could also support some of the site vendors, might be a little more pricey, but I am sure they would appreciate the business. ExtremePSI stocks them, I'm sure others do as well.

https://www.extremepsi.com/store/Extreme-PSI-4-Ply-Silicone-Coupler-3.75-I.D..html
https://www.extremepsi.com/store/Extreme-PSI-4-Ply-Silicone-Reducer-2.00-2.25-I.D..html
https://www.extremepsi.com/store/Ex...nd-N-Air-Filter-Mitsubishi-Eclipse-95-99.html

That makes much more sense, not sure what made me think I'd need the extra there. I do have plenty of clamps so that'll be ok and I definitely dont mind supporting the vendors. That beautiful artwork helped bunches. Thanks!

So.. went to put the intake on last weekend and the coupler appears to be a bit long as things simply did not fit. There is probably a good inch or maybe more between the end of the intake pipe and the turbo inlet which pushes things to the fender pretty close and creates a lot of flex. I was thinking about cutting the reducer down but that would be a new experience however it seems like there aren't many other options for a shorter reducer in this size. Silly idea?

For now the filter is back on the stock intake. The battery is charging and tomorrow I'll be bleeding the coolant but she should be driveable! With some zip ties holding the hood shut.....LOL

So.. went to put the intake on last weekend and the coupler appears to be a bit long as things simply did not fit. There is probably a good inch or maybe more between the end of the intake pipe and the turbo inlet which pushes things to the fender pretty close and creates a lot of flex. I was thinking about cutting the reducer down but that would be a new experience however it seems like there aren't many other options for a shorter reducer in this size. Silly idea?

For now the filter is back on the stock intake. The battery is charging and tomorrow I'll be bleeding the coolant but she should be driveable! With some zip ties holding the hood shut.....LOL

Sorry, just saw the notification. Hopefully your test drive went well! I suppose you could try and cut the reducer a little, or look for a reducer with a shorter length. I'm not sure how clean of a cut you can get with the 3-4 layers of silicone, but its worth a shot if you need to trim it up a few inches.

Sorry, just saw the notification. Hopefully your test drive went well! I suppose you could try and cut the reducer a little, or look for a reducer with a shorter length. I'm not sure how clean of a cut you can get with the 3-4 layers of silicone, but its worth a shot if you need to trim it up a few inches.
No worries, the battery didn't come up until Tuesday morning but I got it in and drove it to the body shop to have the hood looked at, I'm so over dealing with it at this point. I have searched high and low for a shorter reducer but apparently it's easier to upgrade the turbo and find one that fits as opposed to finding the correct size for a stock turbo. :cry: It feels so good to drive again and the spool and feel of the open intake makes a huge difference... Or perhaps it's getting back into a GST after driving a V6 Mustang as a temporary replacement. :idontknow:

Either way it feels great. I'll still have to get an alignment and maybe still a knuckle to correct the camber and in the meantime try trimming the coupler. I'm hoping I can find something where I work that I can fit the coupler onto then trim against the clamp with a fresh box cutter to try and keep it as clean as possible.

No worries, the battery didn't come up until Tuesday morning but I got it in and drove it to the body shop to have the hood looked at, I'm so over dealing with it at this point. I have searched high and low for a shorter reducer but apparently it's easier to upgrade the turbo and find one that fits as opposed to finding the correct size for a stock turbo. :cry: It feels so good to drive again and the spool and feel of the open intake makes a huge difference... Or perhaps it's getting back into a GST after driving a V6 Mustang as a temporary replacement. :idontknow:

Either way it feels great. I'll still have to get an alignment and maybe still a knuckle to correct the camber and in the meantime try trimming the coupler. I'm hoping I can find something where I work that I can fit the coupler onto then trim against the clamp with a fresh box cutter to try and keep it as clean as possible.

It looks like you would need about a 3" overall length. You could also get a 2.25" straight coupler and use the rubber ring on the stock T25 to make it work.

I dug through my parts and have a reducer and a straight coupler for reference. I have an identical black 2.25" straight coupler on my intake, and the fitment is right on.

It looks like you would need about a 3" overall length. You could also get a 2.25" straight coupler and use the rubber ring on the stock T25 to make it work.

I dug through my parts and have a reducer and a straight coupler for reference. I have an identical black 2.25" straight coupler on my intake, and the fitment is right on.

That's awesome, thanks! I'm trying to avoid the rubber ring if I can plus I have the coupler so I might as well try and use it Haha I think I saw some on STM as well but they look to be about the same length. How well does it stay in place for you? I feel like everything is just kind of jiggling around and it makes me nervous.

That's awesome, thanks! I'm trying to avoid the rubber ring if I can plus I have the coupler so I might as well try and use it Haha I think I saw some on STM as well but they look to be about the same length. How well does it stay in place for you? I feel like everything is just kind of jiggling around and it makes me nervous.

The silicone couplers are snug on the intake and I have hose clamps holding everything in place. That along with the BOV recirculation tube keeps everything in place. Mine doesn't have much flex at all.

The silicone couplers are snug on the intake and I have hose clamps holding everything in place. That along with the BOV recirculation tube keeps everything in place. Mine doesn't have much flex at all.

Awesome cause obviously the stock tube is pretty flexible but the metal one had all the extra coupler and I couldn't get the recirc tube on so I'm glad everything will be a bit more secure haha

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back