The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Refinishing Injen intake

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mustard95tsi

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 1, 2012
Lusby, Maryland
This intake came with the car but it looks to have seen better days. Its no longer polished and is instead extremely pitted and dull gray. Does anyone have any tips on how to refinish it? I've searched a bit and it seemed to only pull up people refinishing their intake manifolds and aren't bring it to a polished finish.

Thanks

Your best to take it to a polishers and have then use their mops and process to bring it back to a somewhat nicer finish, the injens are bad for going pitty but they dont ever cme back up again as new. Mine took a few hours to get back to a decent level but its not like new though

I guess I may give that a shot then.. Or possibly refinish in black as I'm going for black and polished look in the bay. Thanks.

Would you mind showing me how well yours came back to?

If you want to give it the polished look i would wetsand the outside working your way up to from 1000 grit(or coarser if need be ) to 2000 grit, that should take care of the pitting. Then get a microfiber applicator pad and some meguairs metal polish, if you want to polish by hand which isnt that hard, and polish it. Should leave it nice and shiney. I find sanding in straight lines for polishing works best rather than circles. Just takes time and elbow grease more than anything

I guess I may give that a shot then.. Or possibly refinish in black as I'm going for black and polished look in the bay. Thanks.

Would you mind showing me how well yours came back to?
I actually never took any pics of it once i got it re polished, i can grab a pic over the weekend for you, it is over 1 year ago it was redone

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back