The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

If you need powdercoating done, go to this guy!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'97 Cayenne

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 30, 2011
Milford, New_Hampshire
Ok here's the deal. I saw a thread that somebody made about some powdercoat work he had done. Saw the pictures and immediately contacted this guy about a bunch of parts that I wanted done and some quotes. Needless to say I got a fairly quick response in the same day I sent him a pm, which went to emails, then to texting.

Now, on the extremely rare occasion that I let somebody else touch anything on my car, I ask A LOT of questions. I like to be clear on every aspect of what this person is going to be doing with my shit. This guy gets a 10/10 in my book as he replied instantly and answered every single petty question I had.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you everything was fine and dandy and everything went perfectly because, well let's be honest, nothing ever does :shhh:.

But I will get to everything in this thread.

In the beginning, these were the following parts I sent out to be coated
Valve cover
Large and small main water lines
All three turbo water lines
Fuel rail
Thermostat housing
Upper and lower radiator hose nozzles
Oil filter housing

I needed the heater core and fiav lines plugged up for my project. To do this, he needed to drive 40 MILES ONE WAY to his welder just to get this done. And let me tell you, it was worth the wait. pics are below

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Now, as you can see I got him to send me plenty of pictures and I couldn't wait to get the parts back. As soon as I saw them in person I knew I wanted to send him more parts. So on to round two

Here is the second batch of parts I sent out
Intake manifold
Throttle body
Cam gears
Master clutch cylinder
Master brake cylinder
Dipstick tube (cause I ####ing can)
In the first picture you see my compressor housing. I did NOT get that done as I changed my mind last minute.
What you DON'T see in that picture is the top trans and engine mount. I also sent those out

In addition to having more parts coated, I also needed another item welded up. I sent him my throttle body elbow from my VRSF intercooler kit along with the IAT sensor bung. He then AGAIN drove 40 miles out of his way to have this simple job done for me. Pics are below

Sorry for the lack of pictures of the cam gears and brake and clutch cylinders, I don't have any at the moment, but you get the idea for right now.

The pictures you see where they are bare and sitting on the blue carpet is before they left my house. I made sure each part was thoroughly clean to the best of my ability before I sent it out. This also make it easier for him and I don't get charged for him to clean the parts. A parts washer, tooth brush and a wire wheel was all it took to get these parts nice and clean. Even having them clean like that, he will still put your parts in the oven before coating to burn off any oil or residue left on them.

So how much did I get all this done for? Well for starters, the color I chose, as some of you may know, is called stardust black. this specific color uses A LOT of metallic, which in turn raises the price of the powder. From what I remember, the first batch of parts (valve cover batch), I was quoted $150 WITH RETURN SHIPPING. This also included the welding I had done to the t-stat housing and water pipe AND the $50 for the powder that was needed. Not too ####ing bad if you ask me.

For the second batch of parts I was quoted $85. This included the additional welding I needed done and more clear coat that he needed.

So altogether, $235 for all those parts, included the powder, welding, shipping and gas to get to and from his welder 40 miles ONE WAY.

Now, remember when I was not everything goes perfectly? Well, the one concern I have with the work I had done was a couple spots (mainly fuel rail) where the clear was lacking. This made it appear not as glossy. BUT I DID point this out to him and made a suggestion to look into that for his future jobs. SO HE IS WORKING ON IT. Other than that the entire experience is a 10/10.

In fact, I have more misc. parts that I'll be sending out so the engine bay 'flows' a little better.

I'm very happy with how everything turned out and definitely recommended him to anyone looking to get things powdered.

His name is Jordan and he does fine work. You can find him here on tuners at reborn750.

Not the greatest picture and not in the sun but here's everything on the car

Last edited:
that speckle paint reminds me when I played with hotwheels and I had some special edition glitter cars LOL.

but definitively looks good!

p.s. you said "go to this guy" but there's nothing that leads me to him. I want my evo 9 valve cover powder coated black.

He's already got a thread about his work prior to this as well which was all 100% satisfaction. He's a good friend of mine and used to be local to me before I moved. I just sent some parts to him to have done and have plenty more I'll be sending, so again I'll add my feedback as he's a GREAT powdercoater and does great work.

Last edited by a moderator:
username? I need my Brembos powdercoated :)

Wow thanks for the great feedback everybody! Also the prices I charged him were for a two stage coat, as in baked once for the metallic and once again for the clear soo it needs twice the powder as a solid color. I don't consider myself a professional by any means but I do what I can ;) also I would be more than happy to do parts for anyone else. Just email me at [email protected] or pm me and I will get you a quote.

kool. I sent him a PM. just waiting now :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back